£23 - £24 an hour
Peritus Plus are pleased to welcome applications for the post of Plumber in Jersey.
Our client is a Channel Islands based company specialising in the installation and maintenance of Air Conditioning and Mechanical Services within the commercial, retail and residential sectors.
Since the company was formed it has continued to carry out quality installations and give excellent standards of follow-up service and operational advice on equipment and control.
- To carry out tasks, as directed, by the Operations Manager.
- To provide domestic & commercial plumbing service ensuring that all work carried out complies with the relevant building regulations and legal requirements.
- To have reasonable knowledge of fitting and servicing gas and oil fired central heating systems.
- Comply with all company and statutory procedures in order to maintain a safe and quality way of work.
- To carry out any other duties and reasonable maintenance work, i.e. unblocking drains, guttering, etc, as requested
- To be responsible for notifying the Operations Manager when it is necessary to order/purchase stocks of fittings and lead as necessary.
- To work in a safe manner following the health and safety rules, and to undergo specific health and safety training, when needed.
- Any other duties which may, from time to time, be determined by the company management.
Knowledge and experience:
- Gas Safe registered.
- (MES) Plumbing: (Domestic) or equivalent (mandatory).
- Takes ownership for problems and provides appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with employees and customers.
- Ability to work well in a team and contribute to team objectives.
- Ability to work proactively.
- Good customer service skills.
- Positive, enthusiastic and flexible approach to work.
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance record.