We’re looking for an enthusiastic Multi-Skilled Mechanical Technician/Plumber who has eye for detail and is keen to learn and grow their career within the engineering and maintenance team at University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust.
You’ll be working in a friendly team made up of Engineers, Electricians, Joiners/Builders & Painters, who are responsible for the delivery of a comprehensive maintenance and installation service across the Trust’s estate, working responsively and effectively to a high standard.
You’ll carry out a wide range of plumbing duties across site including maintenance and up keeping of Mechanical plant associated with running a large hospital. In addition you will also have responsibility for general electrical repairs as well as undertaking reactive and planned preventive maintenance to ensure our site remains fully compliant to HTM's. You will also be engaging in a wide range of other duties including grounds, gardens and tasks as when required.
As part of the role there will also be opportunity get involved with exciting project work such as installation work at the London Road Community Hospital
- Must hold a BTEC/HNC level or City and Guilds qualification or equivalent
- Have prior experience working as an mechanical technician/plumber with working knowledge of maintenance and mechanical and electrical plant equipment
- Able to plan own workload and work to agreed schedules
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills
You will be required to provide cover when necessary for members of the shift team which provides 7 day cover to the hospital, including cover for annual leave to ensure the site is fully covered by trades.
Previous applicants need not apply.
In return we will offer:
- The opportunity to work across specialties and rotations
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development, together with an opportunity to work across some or all of our 5 sites depending on specialty
- Support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond
- Friendly, supportive and caring colleagues
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key facts about our Trust:
- Every day our hospitals see more than 4,000 outpatients
- We see more Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients than any other Trust – over 3,300 per week
- An average 860 patients are seen in A&E every day – the 6th largest in the country
- Our hospitals admit more than 220 emergency patients every day
- We carry out more planned surgical operations than any other Trust in England with almost 50,000 operations taking place in our 52 operating theatres
- We are one of only 5 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres
- We carry out more than 300 elective procedures each working day
- We employ 12,000 staff across our 5 hospital sites
- We have a Director of Allied Health Professionals who is committed to provide leadership, progression and direction to AHPs
Closing Date: 23rd September 2020
Interview Date: 7th October 2020
Due to COVID-19 and the Governments guidance on social distancing your interview may be carried out via Microsoft Teams. If this is the case you will be notified in advance so that if you don’t have the app you can download it either on to your phone or computer/laptop. The download is free of charge. Where your interview is face to face, the Trust will ensure social distancing. You will be required to wear a mask on all UHDB premises. If you have Covid-19 related symptoms or are shielding and have been invited for a face to face interview please request a Microsoft Teams interview.
Trac emails can sometimes go in to your junk mail so please check this for feedback on your application.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Richard Hill, Estates Manager on
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'