HRS Energy is a growing company with a record of innovation and excellence in the design, construction and operation of clean energy producing equipment and plants.
We operate as part of the HRS group which has technology in use world-wide, ranging from heat recovery technology in the oil and gas industry to award winning biomass power technology here in the UK .
Due to rapid expansion in the UK, we are looking for an expereicned PLC Process Control Engineer to support current and future power plant development projects.
As PLC Process Control Project Engineer you will be dual skilled in terms of SCADA screen design, PLC and coding. You will use this knowledge to support current projects and provide hands-on role in design, development and commissioning of future projects. ??
The role requires knowledge and understanding of all stages of initial process specification, through to PLC shop verifications, Functional process logic documents through to FAT’s and to a site based control room with PLC’s , SCADA and software systems. You will be involved in both desktop design activities and mainly site support, PLC shop support, advice and guidance to help install, commission and optimise process control installations across our range of projects and installations.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- A hands-on role with current commissioning activity with respect to writing or adjusting PLC code behind the SCADA screens at site and remotely.
- Practical input with ad-hoc panel modifications e.g. fitting of I/O cards, Ethernet switches, DIN rails, Relays, terminals panel , power supplies.
- Wiring activities for ad-hoc site changes to vendor PLC panel.
- Checking vendors’ software on site and liaising with PLC vendors by phone or email to ensure quality/completion, in line with agreed project plans.
- PLC & SCADA interface with HRS waste heat recovery technology for steam power generation on offshore and onshore platforms worldwide, as required.
- Working as part of a project team to make HRS conceptual functional specifications into working documents to be used as a pre-prep specifications for HRS approved PLC vendors to work on coding and developing the project;
- Verification & coordination activities (along with the Process team in London) of activity by our PLC vendor shop, to FATs , Software FATs and for smooth arrival to Site;
- Take control of the commissioning phase of the project to enable PLC Vendor onto site and to oversee and approve activity.
- Provide strategic input into the development of this area of HRS Energy’s offering.
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE - ESSENTIAL CRITERIA
- Qualified to degree level in Process Software Engineering or equivalent Dual skilled;
- SCADA & PLC experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Allen Bradley Control Logix 5000 and the Allen Bradley range of PLC’s Experience programming software, writing code, setup of templates incorporating previous code using factory studio.
- Proven experience in Siemens PLC systems for Steam Turbine Generators and Gas Turbines Experience in Electronics e.g. fitting of I/O cards, Ethernet switches, DIN rails, Relays , terminals panel , power supplies and wiring competency for ad-hoc site changes to PLC panel Functional Safety Knowledge required - i.e. full working knowledge & experience of safety critical systems
- Proven experience setting up Variable Speed Drives, Communication, mapping, from 0.3kW to 315kW drives, ABB
- Proven experience setting up GOOSE IEC 61850 for HV and substation channel networks.
- Excellent spoken and written English, sufficient to deal with Technical detail and provide concise reporting and fault finding
- Excellent IT and Technical skills with knowledge of : Windows and Office, PLC programming and SCADA software Logix500, Logix5000
- Proven experience of work in the set-up of multiple third party PLC systems
- Full clean driving license with use of vehicle
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE - DESIRABLE CRITERIA
- Membership MIET (or IEng with IET) would be beneficial,
- CSCS Technician Card or Gold. Experience of CAD software (SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Revit MEP)
- Experience of Electrical design utilizing, EPLAN, Amtech, ETAP
Please only apply for the role if you meet all of the essential criteria and have a current right to work in the UK.
* no agencies please *
Further info and JD on website
- Power Plants
- Project Management
- Turnkey Projects
- PLC Allen Bradley
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job