PLC Controls Engineer
***Applicants must have right to work in the UK*****
We are currently working with a multi-million pound company that designs, manufactures and installs PLC Control Systems, supplying nationwide to a range of industries including Automotive, Extrusion, Food, Packaging, Pharmaceutical, Renewable Energy, Filtration and Heavy Engineering.
Based in Stoke on Trent, our client offers a range of services from Design and Build of Control Panels, Electrical Installations, Inspection, Testing, Maintenance and Breakdowns, Software Design and Technical Support.
This position is Permanent on Days (Monday - Friday) you will receive a salary in the region of £35,000 - £40,000 depending on experience, along with a Company Vehicle, Laptop and Phone. (You will also benefit from continuous training and development). If successful you will need to have flexibility on travel, you may be required to visit customer sites across the UK and Worldwide.
As a Controls Engineer / PLC Engineer your duties and responsibilities will include;
- Design, modify and programme PLC Control Panels and Systems
- Create detailed Electrical Specifications, AutoCAD Diagrams and Schematics
- Programme PLC Control Systems (Siemens, Allen Bradley, Omron, Schneider)
- Provide technical support to customers
- Troubleshooting on Software, PLC Controls and HMI Systems
- Project management (start to finish)
- Face to face customer engagement
- Working to customer specifications and requirements
- Commissioning of PLC Controls
- Producing parts lists using in-house database
- Set up and optimise Servo’s, Drives and Inverters
- Assist in quotations and tenders.
To secure the position of Controls Engineer / PLC Engineer you will need experience in the following;
- Siemens PLC Controls, TIA Portal and Schematic WinnCC
- Allen Bradley, Omron and Schneider PLC Controls
- Servo’s, Inverters and Drives
- Control Systems Design and Machine Safety
- Worldwide Safety Controls, Safety Relays and Fail-Safe PLC’s
- AutoCAD Software
- Microsoft Office
The successful candidate will need a qualification in Electrical Engineering, Controls Engineering or similar ideally to ONC, HNC or Degree level.
This position is easily commutable from Stoke on Trent, Newcastle-Under-Lyme, Leek, Stafford, Crewe, Market Drayton, Macclesfield and Cheadle.
To find out more about the Controls Engineer / PLC Engineer opportunity, please telephone or simply "Click Apply".
Key Words: "Controls Engineer", "Automation Engineer", "PLC Engineer", "PLC Programming", "Controls Systems Engineer", "PLC Controls Engineer", "Software Engineer", "Software Controls Engineer", "Siemens Controls, "Allen Bradley", "Mitsubishi", "PLC", "PLC Systems Engineer", "Automation Systems Engineer"
- Electrical Controls
- Allen Bradley
- PLC Programming
- PLC Allen Bradley
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job