Play Worker job in Tinies After School Club in Kew
Tinies Holiday and After School Club in Kew is looking for Play Workers to join their team and provide a warm and welcoming environment for the children to come to after school.
This is a bank position (zero hours contract)
You will be working directly with the children and providing fun and stimulating activities for them to enjoy as well as areas to relax and socialise with each other.
A childcare Early Years or Playwork level 2 qualification or above is essential as well as a clear enjoyment of working with children are essential, and you must have great communication and team work skills.
* To make sure the After School Club runs efficiently.
* To be responsible for children (in key group) up to fourteen years old.
* To work closely with other staff.
* To actively keep all lines of communication open.
* To ensure that the social, emotional welfare and educational development needs of the children are met.
* To provide appropriate activities for age group taking in to consideration ages, developmental stages and seasonal conditions.
* To ensure a wide range of activities is available for the children.
* To assist the Co-ordinator in activities and outings in school holidays and be involved in the planning stages.
* To ensure all children are picked up during term time and assisted to After School Club, by car, taxi or foot.
* To keep child details filed and up to date and to inform the Play Leader of any changes or problems.
* To be available for parents to talk to, to greet new children and parents and oversee their settling in, providing reassurance for parents when necessary.
* To keep staff and parent communication open and report messages to other staff.
* To be supportive of play-leader and put forward new ideas and suggestions.
* To support and supervise staff working with your key group.
* To attend After School Club staff meetings, providing positive input on these occasions wherever possible.
* To attend relevant courses to enhance their personal career and benefit the After School Club.
* To report and record accidents and perform basic first aid when needed.
* To ensure the premises are hygienic, clean and safe at all times.
* To monitor health and safety standards within the After School Club in conjunction with the Co-ordinator and Play Leaders.
* To take telephone calls for the After School Club and arrange visits when needed.
* To show visitors around and explain the structure of the After School Club when the Play Leader is unavailable.
* To monitor the job description of the Key worker and inform the Co-ordinator of any changes that may be required.
* To ensure that company policies and procedures are implemented at all times.
* To undertake any other duties that might reasonably be expected of a person of this level.
* To monitor the job description regularly and report to the Play Leader if there are any changes that should be made or tasks added.
Tinies Childcare is a company which promotes Safeguarding Practices at all times for children and team members. Applicants will need to show they have the right to work in the United Kingdom and the successful candidate will be subject to a DBS check and referencing checks.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact successful candidates.
- Early Years
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"