Platform Services Administrator
The client, an established and respected Wealth and Investment operation are presently looking for a Platform Services Assistant to join their team.
Support the Investment Platform Services team in the management of client assets, working as an integral member of the team. Primary responsibilities of the team include:
• Maintaining client portfolios in-line with their associated model(s)
• Trade order generation / allocation
• Execution of client trades
Nature & Scope
1) Carries out foreign currency trades electronically as and when required, providing the necessary supporting documentation.
2) Carries out Unit Trust transactions (via Calastone, phone, and fax) and enters the deals onto the portfolio management system (IRESS Symphony) upon receipt of deal confirmation from the counterparty.
3) Carries out stock and bond transactions via electronic trading platforms or directly through a broker.
4) Prepares/checks performance attribution, ad-hoc valuations and other client data/documentation for the Management Board and other corporate purposes.
5) Assists the team with the capital gains tax packs.
6) Assists the team with the valuation production process.
7) Provides support to the team and Investment Managers on the management of in-house unit trusts and bespoke client portfolios.
8) Works closely with the Investment Platform Services Operations Team on queries relating to trade settlements, fund set-ups, and ad-hoc requests.
9) Works closely with Compliance on monitoring Best Execution and other regulatory requests.
10) Prepares re-balancing trades for in-house unit trusts and bespoke client portfolios as directed by the Investment Managers.
11) Updates and maintains trade logs for in-house Unit Trusts and bespoke client portfolios.
12) Acts as a liaison point for communication and resolution of IT support issues to the IT Department and ensuring that problems experienced are resolved along with suggesting improvements.
13) Cross checks portfolio administration tasks via CRM (SharePoint based) such as completing/checking Money in and Money out documentation, new stock request forms and other internal forms.
14) Assists the Investment Platform Services team and Account Managers with whatever tasks are necessary in order to effectively manage the client portfolios.
15) Assists in the bulk dealing allocations.
16) Allocates model strategy trades on receipt of bulk trade emails and ensures that the deal tickets get completed. Also ensures any FX’s are executed in a timely manner to reduce currency risk exposure.
17)Maintains the model manager portfolios contained in Symphony.
18) Checks portfolio liquidity positions on a daily basis.
19) Supports the Investment Platform Services Manager in programs for change and procedural documentation.
This job description does not provide an exhaustive list of the duties within this role. The job holder will be expected to undertake any other duties that may be reasonably requested.
Key Performance Indicators
• Timely and accurate production of all client documentation
• Attention to detail
• Low error rate
• Excellent communicator
• Maintaining good external relationships (e.g. with brokers, TAs, Custodians)
• Maintain good internal relationships with Investment Managers, Client Consultants, Operations and other team areas
• Treating Customers Fairly
Knowledge and Skills
A threshold relevant investment qualification or working towards one (such as IMC)
Basic understanding of market instruments and financial markets
An understanding of the investment management industry
Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)
Bloomberg (or other market data systems)
IRESS Symphony (or good working knowledge of other portfolio management systems)
FX Connect / Calastone (or other trading platforms)
Organisation and administrative skills
Flexibility and adaptability
Ability to prioritise
Honesty, integrity and a reasonable reputation
Discretion and confidentiality
In return, the successful candidate will receive a salary c. £35k plus bonus and generous benefits package.
Applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates are welcome, as would be a discreet chat to discuss both this and other roles.
- Investment Administration
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'