Platform Service Engineer (Linux), Bournemouth, £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
Vitality is an award winning, dynamic and vibrant financial services provider, with a ground-breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to our business.
Our Platform Service Engineer (Linux) will receive a competitive salary plus benefits including;
- A genuine long-term opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
- Our award winning private medical insurance
- A comprehensive flexible benefits scheme
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- Vitality Partners and Rewards
As our Platform Service Engineer (Linux) your role will be to ensure that the VMware and AWS platforms are available and supported on a 24*7 basis. You will be responsible for developing and deploying new services to VMWare and AWS platforms using automation tools.
Responsibilities as ourPlatform Service Engineer (Linux) include:
- Management and 2nd Line Support of the Vitality Server estate across all locations, Data Centres and Cloud
- Incident troubleshooting and resolution
- Build and implementation of any additional services as required
- Management and support of Storage Platforms and Backup systems
- Provision and development of Service reporting to drive continual service improvement
- Development of automation and orchestration tools and Platform services
- Collaborative working with the wider Vitality Technical teams
- Management of service within ITIL framework
To become ourPlatform Service Engineer (Linux), you will have the below skills and experience:
Extensive knowledge supporting and implementing hosted solutions on the AWS cloud platform – AWS certified
Demonstrable knowledge of configuration and support of Virtualised environments – VMware
Experience working with Red Hat and Windows operating systems.
Experience of Build and Template Automation / Orchestration tools – Puppet, CloudFormation,Terraform or Ansible.
Knowledge of Enterprise storage and backup systems – EMC VNX and Data Domain
In-depth troubleshooting skills and root cause analysis
Ability to produce and maintain high quality process and procedure documentation
Ability to develop and manage service metrics and reporting
ITIL V2/V3 foundation Certificate
Degree in an IT related subject
Experience of working within an organisation regulated by the FCA
Experience of Service Now or similar service management platform
Working for Vitality as a Platform Service Engineer (Linux), you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
Closing Date: Thursday 15 March 2018
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Platform Service Engineer (Linux) please click ‘apply’ today.