A multi-award winning financial planning and asset management practice are currently looking for an experienced Portfolio Trading Supervisor to join their team in Northampton. The company have a fantastic reputation across the Midlands and are a leading player in the financial planning and investment management market.
You will be required to have strong knowledge of the investment management market and have experience in trading model portfolios on numerous platforms, have experience in managing a team of investment analysts and ideally hold the Chartered MCSI qualification.
Purpose of the Role:
The Platform and Portfolio Trading Supervisor is to lead the portfolio management and execution team within asset management area and support the CIO, with the main focus of the role being to:
- Manage the structural composition of the model portfolios across all platforms to ensure they are aligned to the house model as regards to macro strategy and therefore underlying asset allocation
- Manage the trading across all platforms and structures to ensure the models are implemented and adjusted in line with FCA conduct rules and TCF requirements
- Manage any non-standard models and ensure that adequate records are kept to ensure that the OCM SYSC
- Supervise the day to day management of the nonstandard individual equity positions that are held in client portfolios to satisfy the OCM SYSC
- Manage the team that operate in this area to ensure the highest levels of regulatory Conduct and TCF are observed
- Manage the external communications between internal (wealth) and external clients (asset) to ensure that the firms is at all times working in partnership with its Advisers both internally and externally
- Ensure that the CIO is kept fully up to date with any trading issues in real time and to supervise and be responsible for all trading activities across all platforms that they manage assets on
As a result, the role requires an individual that has a very keen attention to detail with experience in trading, that already understands the operational requirements of this type of role as regards to trade execution, compliance, regulatory risks and execution risks to ensure from a conduct point of view they can take on a leadership position within the department and support the CIO from day one.
Please visit the IDEX Consulting Ltd website for further opportunities. If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail within 2 working days of receiving your application. If your application is unsuccessful, the information supplied may still be retained for use in connection with future vacancies. Due to the overwhelming application response we receive through various sources, should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
- Investment Management
- Platform and Portfolio Trading Supervisor