Plant Supervisor - Lisburn & Castlereagh
Salary: Up to £16 per hour
Duties include but are not limited:
- Direct supervision of all staff and other resources allocated to DIIB plant maintenance section functions. Deputise laterally for other officers and for the Plant Manager Officer (DIIB).
- Assist with monitoring and approval systems for completed work. Certifying, checking and calculating time sheets, daily checks of plant rooms and public facilities to ensure all systems are in good working order and operating satisfactorily.
- Implement and develop operational efficiency measures and re-scheduling projects for the DIIB plant maintenance section functions. Advise of changes and improvements necessary for the service. Assist the Plant Manager Officer DIIB in the running of the plant maintenance DIIB budget to maximise efficiency.
- Identify training needs and organise operational training/briefing sessions for operatives on the implementation of quality control and management procedures, customer care etc. Interpret and ensure compliance with all procedures adopted by the Council to include Health and Safety, other legislative requirements and all Council operating procedures
- Assist with disciplinary and grievance procedures as appropriate including investigations, recommendations etc. Act as first point of contact with Operational Services (DIIB) workforce representatives on employee matters and operational decisions. Maintain records related to accidents/incidents in accordance with Council procedures.
- Implement the requirements of planned maintenance programme, in the key areas of water filtration, ventilation, electrical and mechanical systems and assist in the monitoring of work/conduct of all casual maintenance staff, engineers, contractors and others whilst in the complex and ensure that they comply with Health & Safety Regulations concerning safe working practises.
- Carry out minor electrical installation work within complex and assist in the preparation of quotations for electrical installations. Carry out duties of multi-disciplined team, have a flexible approach to their working arrangements and to undertake such other relevant duties as may from time to time be required.
- Ensure all Health & Safety legislation, and Council Health & Safety policies and procedures are complied with in relation to the services and activities within the facility.
- Be solely responsible for safe efficient operation and management of plant room during evening shift and at weekends.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4 Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
If interested, please contact Jordan Mascall on or
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'