Here at FCC Environment we’re looking for a committed and determined Plant Operative with excellent communication and organisational skills to join us at our landfill site in Immingham. We ideally need someone with a background in agriculture, construction or the waste sector to operate mobile plant including tracked loading shovels and compactors.
Working hours will be 7:30 to 16:30 Monday to Friday with occasional weekend work
As our Plant Operative, your duties will be:
- Operation of site in Compliance with all legislative requirements e.g. PPC and Health and Safety Law
- To operate site plant in order to deal effectively with waste, always complying with company policies and procedures to ensure safe and efficient operation
- Maintain company property and equipment so that it is fit for purpose ensuring that machinery is always serviceable, reporting faults/defects
- Reporting of incidents, dangerous occurrences and near misses
- Promote Culture of Excellent Customer Service
- Identify non-conforming waste
- Ensure that all actions maintain a safe and healthy environment for self, colleagues and customers
- Help to maintain high level of housekeeping on site
What skills and experience will you need to be considered?
- A qualification in the operation of heavy plant such as tracked loading shovel, tractor, compactor
FCC Environment is a leading UK waste and resource management company, which is part of a global group with a strong heritage in providing services for communities and businesses. Our vision is to be the environmental company of choice, delivering change for a sustainable future.
FCC Environment’s core business centers on collection, resource recovery and renewable energy providing services for local authorities and commercial customers. To make our skills and expertise easily accessible to our customers, our business is grouped into five core services:
- Municipal services – household waste collection, street cleansing, parks and gardens maintenance
- Business waste solutions –waste collection and recycling services for small and large companies
- Recycling – material recycling facilities, household waste recycling centres
- Green energy –recovery of energy from waste
We operate over 200 facilities in England, Scotland and Wales and employ around 2,500 employees. We recycle 1.2 million tonnes of waste each year.
If you wish to be considered for our Plant Operative role, please click apply and submit your CV. You will receive an email shortly which you will need to read through.