We are looking for a motivated Plant Manager to join a market leading manufacturer in their respective field. Reporting directly to the Commercial Director you will be a key member in developing the team and assisting with the smooth running of a state of the art facility.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of excellent management skills and experience coordinating a range of different issues within a busy operational environment. The position will appeal to a strong Plant Manager looking for their next challenging role within in a secure and stable company.
The candidate will also be able to demonstrate a motivating management style, be able to make tough decisions and be a natural when it comes to problem solving and be ambitious with a real can-do attitude. You will be a positive and dynamic individual that will drive a positive, inclusive culture and ethos at this brand-new site. Capable of learning and moulding a new team the candidate must be highly motivated, driven and resilient.
- Understand and take ownership of the maintenance & operation of our automated manufacturing system, incorporating the auto-feed, auto-fill, and robotic move/stack systems in place. Be able to understand these systems and effectively trouble-shoot where necessary to ensure ongoing production with minimum downtime.
- Direct responsibility for plant and equipment including planned maintenance, servicing, and all measures necessary to sustain continuity of all process operations through the management of a small team.
- Ensure & effective & full PPM schedule is in place and is applied on time & at the stated frequency, ensuring that any planned maintenance is scheduled effectively & is analysed to identify trends where the application of pre-emptive change to plant & equipment is needed.
- Ensure all required calibrations, inspections and statutory regulatory services are carried out in a timely fashion.
- Establish good working relationships with key spares suppliers & ensure adequate parts availability for all aspects of our plant on a risk assessed basis.
- Be the primary contact point for approved service engineers & sub-contractors where expert maintenance or plant & key infrastructure changes are needed.
- Drive a Health & Safety Culture throughout the business with particular focus on shop-floor and warehouse compliance, "leading from the front" with a dynamic and personable management approach.
- Manage the maintenance, health and safety and on-site housekeeping to ensure compliance with ISO45001, ISO14001 & ISO9001.
- Support the auditing of all ISO and H&S activities by the HSE support manager.
- Provide regular reporting to give transparency to the management team on all activities undertaken by you and your team, including where service, repair & down-time may be needed to effect improvement & can then be planned for.
Skills and Qualifications
- Health & Safety Qualification - IOSH/NEBOSH
- Responsibility For The Effective Utilisation Of Plant And Manufacturing Assets
- Taking A Lead Role On Company Projects
- Hands On Plant Manager
- Lean Continuous Improvement Techniques
- Hands On With A Key Commercial Aptitude
- Very Strong Man Management Skills
- Must Have Experience Within High Volume Manufacturing/Production
In return for your commitment my client offers a stable and secure career for a technically motivated engineer. If you feel this is of interest, please send your CV directly to Thomas Barkes at or call for a confidential discussion on .
- health and safety
- plant manager
- planned maintenance
- continuous improvement
- reactive maintenance
- environmental standards
- effective utilisation
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'