MES Environmental Limited, a leading provider of waste management solutions based on energy from waste facilities is seeking to fill the above role.
Purpose of Job:
To manage the operation of the Waste to Energy Plant and to ensure conformance of all workers in relation to this as well as; legal and regulatory requirements, quality and environment assurance standards, Health and Safety, work in accordance with Permit to Operate under PPC regulations, Company policies, and MESE Safe working practices.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall operation of the plant, while ensuring the flow of waste and exportation of electricity is in accordance with relevant contracts.
- Ensure that the operation of the plant is in strict accordance with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements, quality and environment standards, health and safety, PPC permit requirements, Company policies, and all MESE Safe working practices.
- Define the strategy for the preventative and corrective maintenance and approve the planning of work for both operations and maintenance.
- Ensure that the plant staff correctly monitor all emissions and report all emission incidents, abnormal operations or other issues likely to cause pollution, to the Environment Agency.
- Ensure the coordination of activities during shutdowns and outages which involves working outside of normal hours.
- Overall management of all staff to fulfil the execution of duties to maintain efficient running of the plant at all times. Strong leadership is required.
- Liaise with officials of the client councils, the Environment Agency, the Health and Safety Executive and other such bodies as and when required.
- Minimum HNC level of qualification but preferable training to degree level in a technical/engineering capacity
- Relevant knowledge and experience in the operation of steam to energy and high pressure boiler systems.
- Preferable IOSH Managing Safely experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate at all levels.
- Computer literate. Be able to manipulate data on Microsoft Packages.
- Previous experience of working within an energy from waste environment or similar will be beneficial.
Salary - Competitive + Benefits
- Waste to Energy
- Steam Boilers
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'