Plant & Maintenance Manager
Salary £35,000 – £38,000 (depending on experience)
Based in Bolton, BL2 4LT
Our client is a rapidly growing, production led, multi-site quarrying and aggregate company that are looking for a capable, enthusiastic, trustworthy and reliable individual to lead and direct their expanding maintenance team.
- Day to day management of our team of mechanics and apprentices.
- Manage personnel issues via effective implementation of HR policies and procedures.
- Co-ordination of reactive maintenance across all Company owned assets (50+).
- Plan preventative quarterly checks for all assets including scheduling planned services in line with manufacturers guidelines.
- Adheres to industry safety standards.
- High level of document control and management.
- Procurement of parts and familiar with stock control systems.
- Manage a budget for all resources within your area of responsibility.
- Negotiate, arrange and control the use of external resources where required.
- Effectively communicate issues and regularly update the Operations team on viable options, progress and accurate timescales.
- Experience in heavy plant/machinery
- Commercially aware
- Mechanically minded
- Must be able to prioritise breakdowns and work efficiently and effectively to ensure continuity of business.
- Able to make good timely decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement without the need for constant support.
- Excellent H&S awareness
Monday to Friday 7.00am to 5.30pm
3 out of 4 Saturday’s – 7.00am to 12.30pm