BD is a global medical technology company focused on improving drug therapies, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. BD provides an environment which enables our highly talented workforce to be the best at their professions. We are always seeking people who have a passion and commitment to join our Company on its journey in 'advancing the world of health’.
Our facility in Swindon is undergoing a period of positive change and we are recruiting a Plant Engineering Manager who, as a member of the Site Leadership Team, will be instrumental in driving forward key areas such as team development, continuous improvement, engineering excellence and collaborative working within our Operations Engineering team.
As Plant Engineering Manager your responsibilities are to include;
- Accountable for all associates working in the Operations Engineering Team with regard to EH&S, cGMP and compliance to Quality Systems, including Training.
- Define annual budgets and resource requirements for Operations Engineering Team to meet business objectives and improvement targets defined, to reduce fixed cost. Monitor spend against budget for cost centre and ensure cost control is maintained to meet or exceed budget and forecast on a monthly basis.
- Accountable for all activities associated with the maintenance and improvement of operational equipment within manufacturing, focussing on maximising the availability through implementation, monitoring and analysis of KPI’s. Work with Supply Chain to plan maintenance activity to meet capacity requirements, improve predictability and unlock additional capacity in line with product demand profiles.
- Effective utilisation of the MES data acquisition system for all installed equipment, configuring outputs to provide management information focussed on improvement and ensure that new equipment has all required connectivity and software systems.
- Plan, Lead and facilitate Focussed Improvement Teams to OEE in line with the site objectives. Conduct regular meetings with Focussed Improvement Team members from Production, Quality, Supply Chain and other support functions.
- Support project teams within World Wide and Capacity Expansion Engineering by proactively inputting at appropriate stages to ensure correct equipment specification, based on lessons learnt. Assist these teams to ensure the smooth introduction of new products and processes into production.
- Support CI activities and the deployment of Lean methodologies for the improvements of OEE across all installed equipment.
- Lead root cause analysis investigations, organise corrective actions and complete investigation reports as and when required.
- Empower, motivate, encourage and involve all team members in waste reduction, productivity, safety, and quality improvement programmes instilling a continuous learning and improvement philosophy to improve capability and engagement.
- Develop Operations Engineering associates to achieve personal career goals and to ensure effective succession planning, whilst creating a technically capable, flexible team able to drive improvements in equipment availability, reduced changeover times and shorter cycle times whilst maintaining stable process outputs.
- Ensure compliance to Regulatory, EH&S, cGMP, Quality and Project procedures.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in manufacturing engineering, preferably moulding. You will be educated to degree level in engineering, BEng, or have demonstrable experience. You will have experience of building, motivating, inspiring, leading and managing high performing engineering teams. You will be an excellent communicator who can interact with all levels of colleagues and bring cross team working to its fullest potential.
You will have experience within process and continuous improvement and be able to demonstrate bringing about change in an unpredictable and complex manufacturing environment.
You can look forward to a rewarding career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
If you’re a team player who is passionate about healthcare and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button.
- Engineering Management
- Medical Technology
- Plant Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job