Working in retail is at the front line of raising the funds we need to deliver our cause, whilst delivering an exceptional service for our visitors. We’re looking for someone to work in our new Plant Centre, who can assist our visitors with their purchases, and tell them about the amazing work we do.
Internally, you’ll be known as our Retail Assistant.
What it's like to work here
Overlooking the river Avon, on the edge of Shakespeare’s Stratford, Charlecote Park has been part of rural Warwickshire for centuries and has been home to the Lucy family for over 900 years. Outside the parkland, inspired by 'Capability Brown’, is home to herds of Jacob sheep and fallow deer.
What you'll be doing
With your love of working with people and desire to provide an excellent service, you’ll acknowledge, welcome and engage every visitor, offering them help and advice with their purchases. This means maintaining a thorough knowledge of our products, so you’re always on hand to help, and by ensuring that all stock is correctly priced and the shop is maintained to a high standard.
You’ll assist with the efficient and economical operation of the Plant Centre, and Plant Centre shop and give a consistently high standard of service in accordance with our policies and procedures. You’ll make sure the Plant Centre reflect our 'Spirit of Place’ and contributes positively to the overall visitor experience.
As a key member of our retail team, you’ll maximise the profit and sales generated at our special place, by ensuring that every opportunity is taken to increase our sales and average customer spend. When interacting with our customers, you’ll inform them of the amazing work we are doing, and what their money is funding - whether this is financing local projects or promoting our national strategy, cause and membership offer.
Who we're looking for
Our team believe that people deserve more than just 'good service’ but an amazing experience they’ll never forget, and we are looking for like-minded people to join us.
You'll need to be;
- Helpful and friendly
- Have clear communication skills
- Can easily identify with customer needs
- Take pride on delivering excellent customer service
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Some cash handling experience
- Good eye for detail
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking