Highfield Professional Solutions have a highly exciting opportunity which has arisen for a Planning Manager to join a reputable Property Developer in Central London to work on some of the largest and most prestigious London development projects.
You will be responsible for managing the planning and monitoring of the large development projects to which they are assigned throughout all project stages. Work with the operations team and support / oversee planning consultants to develop the most efficient project methodology and execute the timely delivery of a project. Identify any rectification actions required and influence the parties responsible to complete these actions.
* Develop for projects the project plan, programme and planning report in accordance with Projects Planning Director's guidance.
* In conjunction with the project team, develop the preconstruction and construction methodology to enable the most efficient and effective delivery of the project.
* Provide experienced based solutions for delivering the project and consideration by the team.
* Review, scrutinise and approve consultant and contractors' programmes.
* Undertake forensic review of principal contractors and subcontractors submitted extension of time claims.
* At agreed regular intervals report project progress against the contract and delivery programmes.
* Review consultants and Principle Contractors progress reports.
* Act as the project conscience and the project directors "right hand man" advising on critical issues and strategy as appropriate.
* Use experience, lessons learned and data analysis to pre-empt potential delays and suggest innovative methods of mitigating delays incurred and advise team accordingly.
* Support the project team in the creation and statusing of medium and short-range programmes.
* Produce a weekly project dashboard to provide weekly updates on progress and key issues.
* Assist in chairing the weekly planning meeting to coordinate project programmes, progress update, delay records and key forthcoming milestones.
* Review change proposals for time impact.
* Assess and record time impacts of delays - event analysis.
* Record as built production rates and delays to provide benchmarking for future projects.
* In conjunction with the BIM Coordinator, coordinate the 4D BIM model.
* Facilitate project team understanding and ownership of the plan and programme.
* Work with the development team to prepare submissions for planning permission consent.
Drives accountability and ensures effective delivery
Makes evidence-based quality decisions
Drives company outcomes
Manages risk and opportunities
Communicates with impact
* Expert understanding of construction methodology, building technology, pre-construction processes and procurement methods
* Strong understanding of the primary forms of construction contracts and the key commercial terms
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to adapt approach dependent on the situation and audience
* Produce reports and diagrams to a high standard to convey proposed sequences and methodologies
* Working knowledge of Asta PowerProject
* Strong knowledge of CPA planning techniques and project controls
* Tier 1 contractor experience
A highly competitive salary will be offered to the successful candidate along with a lucrative package including monthly and annual bonuses, private healthcare and private pension.
For further information or to apply please contact Zoe Lane on