Our client is a rapidly growing Renewable Power Generation company, across a range of technologies, with Assets in several countries worldwide. The size and complexity of the global business is increasing rapidly as new investments are acquired and new assets come on stream.
In this "newly created" role, you will take an active part in ongoing analysis of the performance of a varied portfolio of assets, budgeting and reforecasting processes and help delivering value enhancing initiatives aiming at improving asset returns.
As Planning & Performance Analyst, you will have the following main duties & responsibilities:
- Maintain and continuously improve scalable planning and performance monitoring tools and processes in order to provide insightful and timely Management Information.
- Support and eventually prepare assets monthly and quarterly performance packs providing insights into assets’ performance, variance vs. budget and update on asset management initiatives.
- Coordinate financial budgeting and reforecasting processes
- Perform ongoing and ad-hoc analysis identifying which aspects of the asset performance within the portfolio could be improved and lead to asset value optimisation
- Support in delivering asset management value enhancing initiatives leading to improvement of the asset returns (for example: commercial negotiations, industry benchmark, refinancing, disposal of asset …)
- Constantly liaise with partners and other country-based company members to discuss operational and commercial issues
- Ensure the supporting information required for the production of the firm’s business plan and reforecast are adequately defined and collated, are robust and contribute to further improve process and accuracy of forecasts.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Educated to minimum Graduate level in Math’s/Science/Economics/Business (or equivalent).
- 2-3 years relevant experience working ideally in power industry or portfolio management for fund.
- Experience in planning and performance.
- Experience of modelling process is desirable.
- Knowledge of planning and performance processes.
- Knowledge of project economics and the impact on project returns.
- Knowledge of power industry would be advantageous.
- Financially literate and able to understand and incorporate financial data concepts into forecasting, budgeting, and planning.
- Sophisticated excel skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and develop KPI’s.
- Proactive and flexible with strong problem-solving skills.
- Self- motivated and able to work under minimum supervision.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and manage tight deadlines.
- Business Performance
- Financial Forecasting
- Financial Performance
- Financial Planning