Department: Property - PEEI
Job Title: Paralegal
Hours of work: 9.30am – 5.30pm (flexibility required)
Reports to: Planning & Environment and Energy & Infrastructure ('PEEI') Legal Director
Purpose of the role:
To provide legal support and manage matters and assist, in particular, the Birmingham PEEI team, and also to assist, as required, the national PEEI Team, in a variety of matters including project coordination, file management, client liaison, research and general paralegal duties. To maintain and manage documentation effectively and within agreed timescales. To integrate with the team, work closely with and provide a high level of service to the team's lawyers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- CPO documentation – CPO documents themselves, notices, letters, drafts of statements of reasons/statements of case, notices of confirmation, etc.
- Preparation of CPO inquiry bundles.
- GVD documentation – GVD documents themselves, notices, letters, certificates re: vesting date, etc.
- NTT and NOEs plus covering letters.
- DCO drafting research (i.e. identifying precedent drafting/approaches made from other orders).
- DCO Examination assistance – s56 process, identifying precedent questions and precedent responses, hearing notice drafting (and arranging publication), producing templates for hearing briefing notes, managing and updating project trackers.
- Assisting with bulk data jobs associated with preparation of DCO application, i.e. Book of Reference checks, s42(1)(d) list checks, land plan/DCO Schedules /Statement of Reasons checks.
- Instructions to counsel bundling.
- Conducting general legal research.
- Dealing with bulk correspondence/notice serving.
- Case or matter monitoring and preparation of related updates to team / clients as required.
- Preparation of slide decks for BD/client events.
- Data room management/assistance with bulk DD jobs (i.e. obtaining plans from LPA websites where appropriate and assistance with piecing information together).
- Preparation of court documentation, including trial bundles, in connection with judicial review challenges.
- Sorting and indexing of client files and legal documents, including filing of correspondence and evidence.
- Undertaking research.
- Article writing for PEEI Team.
- Assisting with training for PEEI Team.
- Opening and closing of files and general file management.
- Carrying out basic administration procedures including paginating documents and photocopying.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Previous Paralegal or Legal Exec experience.
- Experience of working in a large commercial law firm and understanding of the levels of service delivery required.
- Previous experience of a document management system, relating to extranets and data site management.
- IT literate with a good knowledge and high degree of competency in the use of Microsoft Word.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with acute attention to detail.
- Ability to achieve deadlines.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Flexible and able to use own initiative and requiring limited guidance.
- A motivated self-starter who is a good team player.
- Must be flexible and have a professional attitude to work as overtime may be required at short notice.
- Be adaptable and able to work under pressure in a demanding role.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'