Planning Officer / Planning Consultant Newcastle Upon Tyne Permanent role
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be partnering with a national organisation to recruit a Planning Consultant / Planning Officer on a permanent basis for their North East Team. This organisation has been established for over 30 years and has a proven track record working across the public and private sectors, solving the complex challenges of their clients, increasing productivity, enhancing their use of technology and data, improving customer and public services and adding value to the UK and local economies.
Your new role
As a Planning Officer / Consultant within this organisation, we are seeking an ambitious planning professional looking to build their reputation and portfolio of planning experience in a successful, rapidly growing consultancy. You will be part of an ambitious, successful team providing our external clients with high quality, customer focussed, timely and outcome-based development management services.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Processing mainly minor and small major planning applications in a timely manner, producing robust reports and recommendations to achieve desired and deliverable outcomes.
- Preparing and presenting evidence on appeals for core and external clients.
- Contributing to service improvements to achieve cost efficiency and effectiveness whilst project managing your work to ensure client KPIs are met/exceeded in terms of timeliness and quality of output, adding value wherever possible.
- Contributing to the delivery and improvement of business management systems, procedures and processes.
- Providing support and guidance to peers and more junior staff to distribute knowledge and ensure contemporary planning issues and legislation are cascaded and understood.
- Supporting the growth of the team by making a positive contribution to business development, securing repeat work and applying a commercial lens to all work undertaken and behaviours
- Provide consistently high professional advice on planning matters to clients, members of the public, Councillors and others as necessary.
- Negotiate with applicants and agents to obtain high quality outcomes within given time constraints set out in our contractual arrangements with our core client and a range of external clients.
- Provide concise, accurate, justified and timely reports and recommendations on mainly minor and small major planning applications and pre-application discussions applying current legislation and policy changes as appropriate.
- Be involved in service improvements and our business operations to ensure resilience competitive edge, efficiency and effectiveness going forward
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role we are looking for someone with a minimum of 2 years' Planning experience, a good level of knowledge, understanding and application of current and emerging planning legislation. You will also ideally be a Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
The successful post holder, but also hold a full UK driving license.
What you'll get in return
This organisation can offer professional career development as well the following benefits (in addition to a competitive salary):
- 23 days annual leave (increasing with length of service) plus bank holidays.
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Company pension
- Access to voluntary benefit options such as: childcare vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance and holiday buy (to name a few).
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Town Planner
- Planning Officer
- Planning Consultant
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'