Search Consultancy Ltd has a vacancy for an experienced Planning Officer to work for a Local Authority within Cheshire. This position is on a contract basis starting as soon as possible and will be until at least the end of March 2018.
Salary: up to £32.69 an hour depending on experience
The Planning Officer will act as case officer in respect of planning applications and appeals. Assist the Principal Planning Officer and Area Manager in carrying out the full range of functions within Development Management.
The principal responsibilities of the Planning Officer will include:
* Provide pre-application information and appropriate planning advice, to developers and their agents, landowners, other Divisions of the Council, Parish and Town Councils, Amenity Societies, members of the public, statutory undertakers and other external concerns and agencies requesting assistance from the local planning authority.
* Prepare reports with recommendations on planning and other forms of applications relating to the development or use of land and to prepare reports on any other matters of a development management nature, such as Minerals & Waste applications or enforcement matters.
* Ensure planning submissions comply with statutory requirements for validity, and to issue appropriate instruction to support staff within the Service and to assist in the further processing of such submissions when required.
* Report to and/or attend any meetings as requested, including:
o Council Committees or Area-Committees, Committee site visits
o Council Corporate Working groups
o Public Local Inquiries or Hearings
o Public meetings and/or exhibitions
o Internal or external meetings with individuals, firms or organisations including other authorities or consortia of authorities
* Monitor development to ensure that it is carried out in accordance with the planning permissions granted.
* Prepare Written Representation statements, Hearing Statements and proofs of Evidence in respect of Planning Appeals and to appear as expert planning witness at informal hearings and public inquiries as necessary and to attend appeal site inspections as required.
* Assist the Principal Planning Officer or Area Manager in the management of the Service, liaison with Council Members and attendance at Planning Committee and Committee site visits when necessary.
* Contribute to the overall objectives of the Development Management Service and to participate in multi-disciplinary teams as required.
* Work outside normal hours as required to fulfil the duties of the post.
* Carry out all duties allocated to the Development Management Service
* in accordance with the standards and policies determined by the Council.
Why Search Consultancy Ltd?
Since our first office opened thirty years ago, we've built an enviable reputation for providing high quality recruitment service. Your dedicated consultant will provide advice and work with you to find the perfect job.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online or contact Catherine Yates at the Manchester office.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age