Job Title: Planning Manager
Job ref: VLL/19626
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Head of Planning will be responsible for co-ordinating the planning application process for all Group sites. The process includes collation and instruction of surveys, assisting with all aspects of the planning process, discharge of conditions and working alongside senior management to achieve a positive result.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading all planning applications for the group.
- Obtaining quotes, negotiating fees, instructing and management of consultants within strict budget and timescales.
- Project managing planning applications.
- Maintain a good overall understanding of the sites in planning to brief the Senior Management Team as required.
- Liaising with Local Planning Authorities.
- Instructing the design team with input from consultants and the site surveyor/ project manager to develop the most suitable scheme.
- Identification at an early stage of potential issues and prioritise what specialist consultants should be used.
- Briefing and attending meetings with Parish Councils and the Local Planning Authorities.
- Co-ordination and attendance of public consultation events.
- Discharge of planning conditions.
- Implement and adapt processes to drive efficiency and accuracy in the wider development of the team.
- Act as an ambassador for the company and build positive awareness of the company’s activities in all dealings with the planning profession, landlord and land owner communications.
- Provide an efficient service to stakeholders.
Skills and experience required:
We are seeking a self-motivated planner who has experience of progressing and submitting planning applications through to a positive conclusion. A full understanding of the Environmental Impact Assessments is essential along with excellent project management and communications skills.
Previous senior level planning experience.
- Experience of managing a team of consultants and/or inhouse planners.
- A relevant Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) accredited degree.
- Appropriate town planning qualifications or equivalent and eligibility for membership of an appropriate professional body.
- Experience of carrying out stakeholder and public consultation and engagement.
- Self-motivated and able to work to deadlines.
- Flexible, shows initiative and innovation to be responsive to changes and to come up with solutions.
- Strong communication and organisational skills including report-writing for effective liaison with stakeholders.
- Able to work as part of a team and to manage own workload.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 72 hours of receiving your application.
Due to the overwhelming application response we receive through various sources should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this, please contact us.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job