Our client is currently recruiting for a strong individual to take on the role of Planning Manager at their busy Burton site.
This person will be a senior member of the operations team. It is very important that the chosen candidate of this role is comfortable with the burden of responsibility and accountability that the role will bring.
The Organisation is currently in a period of high growth and is transitioning, from a job shop mentality to a business that requires robust planning and production control procedures. Experience for this role is an absolute must.
The successful manager will have experience drive and vision and will have previously worked in an engineering / manufacturing environment and will have led the development of planning methodology. The Production Control and Planning Manager as part of their core duties will prepare plans, monitor adherence to plan, ensure production documentation is prepared and transacted in a controlled and timely way.
Ownership of the materials stores and integrity of stock will also fall within this important remit. The chosen candidate will have a team currently consisting of two Store-men and a Production Control Assistant.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Reporting to the Head of Operations. Preparation and Maintenance of a credible plan which loads the shop floor at a level which delivers the company’s financial and customer service monthly, quarterly and annual targets.
• Develops what is currently a very basic MRP like system to its maximum potential. Takes ownership the plan and reports in a timely manner any potential problems.
• Quickly evaluates and learns the MAX system with particular regard to the MRP/ MPS functions ( the MPS element is important as it provides the route for purchasing to procure and production to manufacture)
• Ensures that both you and your team attain a proficient standard of understanding of the above. (note this is currently not the status so will need some dedication)
• Gather interpret and display meaningful KPI relating to adherence to plan
• Develop a culture that focus’ and consistently delivers Continuous Improvement in line with agreed business needs
• Takes ownership and responsibility for the stores and stock control. Experience and
Qualifications: A degree in business or Engineering may prove advantageous, however certainly a good track record and progressive career as a planning manager, with appropriate vocational qualifications, is necessary.
To apply for this role please send a full and up to date CV to Jack at Premier Recruitment Derby Ltd by clicking apply below.