Pay rate: upto £40/hour - umbrella
Contract: 12 months Maternity cover
Your duties will include:
• To draft, negotiate and conclude planning and highway agreements and other legal documentation including enforcement documentation and compulsory purchase documentation.
• To assist as necessary with major development projects and attend project meetings as required.
• To deal with judicial reviews and statutory challenges arising out of the exercise of the Council’s planning and highway functions and to advise on and negotiate settlements as appropriate.
• To ensure that the service is responsive to client requirements and that work undertaken is reflective of best practice and the performance targets contained within Service Level Agreements.
• To act as an advocate on behalf of the Council, where appropriate, at planning hearings planning inquiries and in relevant Courts and tribunals to represent the Council as necessary.
• To attend Planning and Planning Sub Committee and other meetings to provide legal advice as required as the Assistant Chief Executive – Governance and HR.
• To deal with major development projects and complex matters under the supervision of the Principal Planning and Development lawyer
The ideal candidate will have:
• At least 1 year experience as a planning lawyer including drafting complex highways, planning agreements and giving legal advice.
• Understanding of Section 106 and highways.
• Knowledge of local government and administrative law and the ability to apply planning and highway law
• Ability to review and advise on new legislation, case law and other developments and to make consequential changes to precedent documents
• Ability to draft and negotiate and agree complex planning and highway agreements and other documentation
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally and to advice at Planning and Planning sub-committee
• Ability to assist with the training supervision and development of staff
• Ability to assist with major development projects and draft committee reports
If you feel like you have the necessary skills and passion to succeed within this role or know someone who does, please apply or email your CV to Kornelia.email@example.com
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business