Planning Engineer wanted - Permanent, Birmingham
EMBS are currently working in partnership with a well established precision engineering company in Birmingham who have the capacity to machine detailed components to a range of critical manufacturingindustries
With the recent acquisitions in both the UK and US, the business is going through a fantastic period of sustained growth, reaching over £100 million in turnover, cementing themselves as one of the biggest Tier 1 manufactures in the UK
This is an extremely fast paced role, so our partner is looking for an individual with a strong character as well as a strong skill set to back it up. What you will receive in return is a rewarding and a challenging career!
The role involves creating detailed routings, Bill of materials & inspection plans to ensure best manufacturing methods are adopted whilst continuing to improve our current products & manufacturing processes.
The main responsibilities include:
- Create detailed routings, inspection plans & process data cards within the ERP system.
- Provide technical support to the manufacturing team, sub-contractors & customers.
- Improve existing methods of manufacture.
- Manage Bill of materials & update manufacturing process times.
- Provide support with NPI (New product introduction).
Successful candidates MUST be able to demonstrate:
- Previous precision engineering / manufacturing background - ideally involved in aerospace, motorsport, oil & gas, nuclear or similar industries
- Worked in a sub assembly components manufacturer
- Experience in machining and / or fabrication - or at least have knowledge of said procedures and systems
- Ability to understand the method of manufacture and create deatiled routings
- System driven attitude and work ethic
- Ability to problem solve and carry out RCA / investigations and support the implementation of corrective actions
- Identify new ways to improve efficiencies / productivity within the machining sector
- Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge
In return the client is offering:
- Stability / longevity - Permanent position
- Competitive salary - Negotiable depending on experience
- Additional benefits available such as 25+8 days bank holiday, company sick pay, death in service, cycle to work any many more.
Production Planner, Engineering, Planner, Planning Engineer, Production Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Applications Engineer, Planning, Machining, CNC, Fabrication, Aerospace, Automotive, Motorsport, Defence, Nuclear, Oil & Gas, Location: Birmingham, Position: Permanent, Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'