Here at Aspen Wolf we are currently recruiting for a Planning Coordinator for our client based in the Durham area.
Working Monday to Friday 37 hours per week typically 9am-5pm - Contract running up until December 2019 however could be extended for the right candidate.
£11.88 per hour
The Planning Officers at Durham mainly deal with 'minor’ planning applications. This would include housing proposals of up to 10 dwellings, minor commercial and industrial development, changes of use, advertisements, agricultural development (including rural workers dwellings), equestrian related proposals and depending on caseload a very small number of householder applications.
The Planning Officer will form part of a busy area based development management team and will play a key role in ensuring the effective delivery of the statutory processes.
- To process a wide range of planning applications, including some of a major or contentious nature, through the preparation of written reports, in accordance with policies, relevant Government legislation and guidance, as well as other appropriate policies and planning considerations.
- To prepare and present Planning Appeal Statements for the Authority and represent at subsequent hearing as required.
- To assist senior officers in presenting t case at Inquiries.
- To undertake enforcement investigations relating to non-compliance with planning conditions and breaches of planning control.
- To adhere to corporate and planning performance standards and targets.
Ideal candidate will have;
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in a relevant in town planning qualification or significant recent experience of development control services including processing of planning enquiries, planning applications and related matters
- Recent experience of development control and planning enforcement services.
- Experience of preparing documentation on behalf of the Authority as part of the planning appeal process
- Experience of advising senior officers on development control and enforcement issues
If you feel you would be suitable for this role, please apply with an up to date CV.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'