My client, a well-established property and business consultancy, is looking to expand the team in their York office by recruiting an ambitious planner. This business offer a broad range of services ranging from planning and development, architecture and project delivery to valuations, estate and project management. Working throughout the North East of England in sectors including residential, energy, environmental and commercial, this business maintain an excellent client base and diverse portfolio of projects.
The successful candidate will have a degree or diploma in town planning as well as full or licentiate membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute. You will be expected to hold a minimum of two years' experience working within a similar position and will ideally have both public and private sector experience. To be considered, you will demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and will be IT proficient. You will have excellent knowledge of relevant legislation, planning policy and guidance and will demonstrate experience of development plans, EIA, and development management.
Working as a planning consultant, your role responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordinating projects teams, public consultations and managing projects of varying sizes
- Negotiating planning applications
- Conducting research and site appraisals
- Providing high quality advice to clients, team members and other sectors of the business
- Responding to development plan consultations
- Maintaining excellent working relationships with clients and identifying opportunities for follow up work
- Working on a diverse range of projects including commercial, residential, mines and minerals
- Effectively working within a multi-disciplinary team of planners, surveyors, valuers and architects
This offers an excellent opportunity to join an expanding team and to work on a portfolio of exciting and innovative projects. You will be offered a competitive starting salary and benefits package along with ongoing training and development opportunities.
For more information or for further vacancies within the Planning sector, please contact Gemma Seaman of Penguin Recruitment directly on . Alternatively you can send an email and we'll call you back. Emails to: .
KEYWORDS: planning, planner, senior, consultant, consultancy, MRTPI, Newcastle
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job