PLANNING ASSISTANT / MALVERN / COMPETITIVE SALARY
Our client is a textile manufacturer using high performance fibers to produce primarily ropes and cords, with offices in the UK and USA.
They are looking to recruit a Planning Assistant, to help support their growing business, based in their Head Office in Malvern.
The role will suit someone that has a passion or interest in manufacturing, possibly a graduate, who is looking to develop a base on which to further their production career. A desire to succeed and a positive approach will be essential.
Key Responsibilities of the Planning Assistant:
- Manage the creation and completion of works orders with business
- Creation of new part codes and the management of this process throughout the business
- Work closely with the Production Manager ensuring that key metrics are measured
- Develop a working relationship with the Production Manager to allocate work efficiently
- Manage minimum and maximum stock levels for both forecast and non-forecast goods
- Ensure data integrity across a range of sources within the business
- Co-ordinates & expedite the placement of purchase orders and/or delivery of materials
- Keep the sales team informed of changes that may affect the customer delivery dates
Skills & Experience Required:
- Advanced spreadsheet skills coupled with good familiarity of MS office
- Degree level education would be considered in the place of experience
- A person with a good sense of humor and first-class team ethics
- An understanding of Bills of Materials and works orders within a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience of working in a similar role is beneficial although not essential
In Return, the Planning Assistant Can Expect;
- Salary will be market rate, and reflect the relevant experience of the candidate
- Pension Plan
- Good working environment with real career progression
If you are looking for a new challenge and would like to learn more about the Planning Assistant position, simply submit your CV via the button shown, and we’ll be in touch.
Keywords: Planning Assistant, Production Planner, Works Orders, Stock Control, Purchase Orders, BOM, Manufacturing, Graduate, Malvern, Worcestershire
- Purchase Orders
- Stock Control
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"