Umbrella rate at £12.00 an hour
Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Planning Assistant role on a 3 month contract with a possibility of an extension. They would like someone who has the experience and knowledge in the following:
Purpose of the role -
- To provide support to the planning functions of the Directorate.
- Support management in addressing new planning legislation and guidance affecting the work of the service.
- Deal with complex and potentially contentious enquiries, in writing, over the telephone and face to face.
- Deal with the investigation of breaches of planning control and recommend actions to resolve.
- Prepare local development documents, guidance and development briefs.
- Deal with all aspects of Appeals including the provision of support at Public Inquiries as required.
- Provide mentoring, guidance and quality control for lower graded Planning Assistants.
Duties and Responsibilities -
- Acquire, collate and store statistical records and other data.
- Undertake surveys of land use and development and with the public, developers, public bodies.
- Deal with minor planning applications.
- Deal with written, telephone and face to face enquiries from the public and planning applicants.
- Research site histories relating to planning applications and background information for local development documents, guidance and development briefs.
- Prepare reports relating to the work of the post-holder, including those for submission to Committee meetings.
- Provide planning advice to the public, applicants and public bodies.
- Respond initially to unauthorised developments
- Deal with Written Representations Appeals.
- Attend Development Control Committee as required.
- Input and retrieve information using a variety of ICT applications.
- Undertake professional training and development as required.
- Keep up to date with current legislation and guidance relating to Planning.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience -
- Studying for or successfully completed a RTPI recognised planning course or equivalent.
- Studying for or successfully completed a first degree in planning related subject e.g. Geography, economics
- Minimum of two good A level grades preferably including Maths or Geography.
- A current driving licence and daily access to a suitable vehicle or an equivalent level of mobilit
- Experience of planning work in local government.
- Knowledge of environmental issues.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems.
- Ability to analyse, interpret and present information in a structured and readily understood manner.
- Ability to attend meetings and events out of normal working hours.
- Willingness to undertake appropriate studying and training.
- Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet and database packages in a Windows environment.
- Ability to use GIS packages in a Window environment.
- Planning Assistant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job