Planning and Highways Lawyer
Our client a local authority based in Stockport is seeking a qualified Planning & Highways Lawyer, solicitor/barrister, Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives or Senior Paralegal for an interim contract.
To provide clear, practical and accurate legal advice; support to the planning and highways officers , to Councillors and the public. A CSS manager will provide senior leadership and management technical or professional advice.
- Managing cost effective Corporate and Support Services, taking a holistic view of design, delivery and evaluation.
- Manage resources, risk and programmes of work.
- Ensure the organisation manages its resources effectively, delivering value for money, exploiting opportunities to drive out inefficiencies and generate income.
- To provide planning and highways advice to officers, members and committees; to perform lawfully in respect to legislation, guidance , regulations, codes of practices and achieve our objectives.
- To conduct on behalf of inquiries and appeals, public right of way, liaise with witnesses and obtain draft witness statements.
- To manage proofs of evidence, submission and appropriate dissemination, maintain map and statement.
- To assist and support operational officers with preparation on the content of the briefing paper, committee reports and meeting minutes.
- Managing annual reports for the panning Inspectorate, supervise members of the team.
- To manage dissemination of appeal decisions , manage complaints/objections and decisions on planning and highway matters. To keep up to date with local, national policy issues and changes in legislation. Alongside, with support client sections and services in delivery of compulsory and non-compulsory training courses for committee members.
- To negotiate, draft and settle legal documents.
- To attend court represent the body on prosecutions planning inquires and judicial review. To draft summonses, legal orders, area committees to submit reports on behalf of the Legal Services and draft enforcement notices and prosecutions.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'