SQS is looking for a Planner.
Since 1995, Stanmore Quality Surfacing Ltd has been providing high quality reinstatement and highways maintenance services. Constantly evolving to deliver even better workmanship and customer satisfaction, we are now seen as the high water mark in Highways Reinstatement.
SQS now have a workforce of over 500. The company operates across the whole of London and the South East of England from our head office in North London.
Overall purpose of the Planner job role:
To ensure effective planning of jobs for our operations teams. This position would suit someone who has acquired the skills of multi-tasking, changing priorities and planning work in a multi drop or logistics environment.
Key Responsibilities of the Planner:
- To ensure the operations teams receive daily work in good time in order for them to be able to carry out effectively.
- To ensure planned work is structured to minimise overruns and excessive travelling.
- Prioritise jobs to allow for emergency situations/maintenance.
- Liaise with work gangs throughout the day via telephone and face to face contact where necessary, giving clear and concise instructions to the gangs in order to ensure all jobs are completed.
- Identify works that need to be carried out by third parties such as line marking.
- Provide administrative support to the reinstatement managers and contract managers to enable contract to run as smoothly and effectively as possible.
- Liaise with the Purchasing Department in regards to purchasing materials i.e. tarmac and paving slabs.
- Liaise with reinstatement gangs, digging gangs, client agents, council staff members, SQS agents, other SQS planners, client Managers, customers, and clients.
- Ensure all work is carried out to the quality and specifications that SQS have become famous for.
- Ensure that sites are maintained in compliance with the current street works act and/or customer requirements.
- Sites are cleared after closure to ensure public safety and customer satisfaction.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job