As Major Projects Planner, you will be working collaboratively with Project Managers and the project delivery teams to develop programmes for major infrastructure projects from initial scope of work and drawings, through to implementation and close out of projects.
- Develop, manage and maintain project schedules and associated breakdown structures for major infrastructure projects from pre-construction through to implementation, delivery and completion.
- Prepare detailed working programmes that enable delivery of the project objectives.
- Develop baseline project plans, tracking project progress and ensuring any changes affecting the overall schedule and costs are captured accurately
- Carry out critical path analysis, identifying any variance against planned baselines.
- Provide close monitoring and reporting against overall major projects programme - report on key dates, milestones and provide effective project performance measurement
- Attend weekly major projects meeting, maintain accurate records of project actions and changes
- Ensure accurate version control for all project schedules and related documentation
- Support the major projects bid team with tenders, attend briefings and carry out related actions and tender programme
- Support with planning and reporting information for contract close out activities
- Compile CDM files, updating quality plans and finalising H&S plans
The ideal candidate will have experience of major infrastructure projects in a planning environment with the ability to develop a robust and accurate programme of work using Microsoft Project.
- Excellent knowledge and experience using MS Project including critical path analysis
- Experience of producing major infrastructure programmes of work within a major civils environment
- IT literate (MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word.)
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Methodical, highly organised and process driven
- Fantastic communicators (both written and verbal)
- Lateral thinker and problem solver
- Team player
- Calm under pressure
- Ideally Degree qualified, minimum qualification to A- level
Who are we?
Excalon is a leading infrastructure contractor specialising in the provision of services to the utilities industry. This is an exciting time to join our business. Excalon is growing in size and success and boasts a productive culture which encourages fresh thinking and new ideas. The position offers excellent opportunities for personal development and future career progression and this is combined with a competitive salary.
If you wish to be considered for our ‘Planner – Major Projects’ opportunity click ‘apply’. You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job