Competitive Salary + Benefits
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Planner-Buyer to work at their facility based near Runcorn.
- Be accountable for the planning, ordering and control of incoming materials (e.g. raw materials, packaging), in line with best practice material management and procurement principles.
- Drive inventory reduction / optimisation initiatives for all incoming materials in line with agreed targets for the site
- Be the first point of contact on the site for all incoming material and supplier related issues
- Ensure compliance in the operational ordering process vs local and global procedures and processes
- Feedback and collaborate with procurement personnel and suppliers to improve supplier relationships and supplier performance
- Monitor and maintain accuracy of all supply critical data fields in ERP system
- Raise POs, approval, control and follow-up (including launches, revisions and source changes)
- Review and analyse Material Requirements Plan (MRP) and release purchase order requisitions or adjust purchase order deliveries as needed to meet the production schedule over the appropriate planning horizon
- Communicate material constraints to production planning and escalate to regional procurement as required if issues cannot be resolved
- Work closely with procurement personnel to maintain material planning and supplier master data in the ERP system
- On demand/ad hoc collaboration with procurement
- Manage and control inventory policy / stock levels (e.g. define safety stock, set inventory targets and KPIs, manage adherence to inventory targets, report monthly on inventory levels)
- Ongoing coordination with related functions such as quality, transportation and service functions (e.g. artwork management, regulatory changes on packaging materials, QA/QC, inbound logistics, warehouse operations)
- Coordination of timelines and version use for raw/packaging materials to ensure regulatory compliance
- Work with receiving personnel to coordinate in-bound material shipments and with QA/QC personnel to ensure timely release of materials to meet production schedules
- Champion continuous improvement initiatives
- Minimum 5 years' experience within planning or procurement with knowledge of planning, procurement and control along the supply chain and associated systems
- Previous experience of managing an ERP / MRP system (SAP ECC APO preferred)
- Previous experience of working in the FMCG or pharmaceutical industry
- Highly numerate and strong ability to assimilate information from different sources to generate achievable plans
- Undergraduate BA/BS degree in a related discipline
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 11/08/2018
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'