Job Title: Planned Works Officer - Estates Building Services- Capita Real Estate Property and Infrastructure
Location: Barnet, North London
Competitive Salary & Benefits
The London Borough of Barnet has over 1,500 properties in its portfolio. CSG Estates provides expertise in Estates Management and Valuation, Building Services and Facilities Management to the council and other clients.
We manage a wide range of projects and caseloads. Including;
- The implementation of a corporate landlord model for the entire operational estate
- The introduction of a property investment programme
- Advising on the viability of land for regeneration
- Undertaking lease renewals, rent reviews, acquisitions and disposals
- Managing statutory compliance
- Project managing schools modernisation programmes
- Running security teams and deploying facilities management services
About the role
We have a current opening for an experienced Planned Works officer to join our team in Barnet. You will support the Compliance and Maintenance Manager in ensuring the first-class delivery of Building Services. Deliver a Planned Works service in accordance with the Annual Work Plan. You will facilitate and arrange maintenance and property inspections. You will take a lead role in the delivery of a Cyclical Planned Maintenance multi-property Programme involving budget monitoring, initial instruction and management of contractors, programme co-ordinator, performance management, receipt and analysis of certificates, retention of records and allocation of remedial works within the team.
The building services estates team deliver Electrical and Mechanical services across their client's buildings.
About Capita Real Estate Property and Infrastructure
Re (Regional Enterprise) Ltd is the joint venture between the London Borough of Barnet and Capita. Our innovative commercial model was set up in 2013 and brings together the best of public and private sector delivery.
Our services include; Planning and development management, building control, land charges, environmental health, trading standards and licensing, cemetery and crematorium, highways, regeneration and strategic planning.
Through Re, our aim is to create places where people want to invest, live, work and play. We have grown our business to provide a range of property, development and regulatory services to other local authorities and commercial organisations.
What you will do:
- To ensure that client objectives and KPI's are achieved and maintained.
- To undertake or facilitate ad-hoc inspections of properties for purposes of pre-acquisition, post works, dispute resolution or quality control.
- To advise the Compliance and Maintenance Manager and internal customers on matters relating to cyclical maintenance.
- To assist colleagues located in diverse locations by acting as the local representative on property matters and by reporting relevant property related information through to the wider Building Services team.
- To ensure good communication between all parties and to proactively facilitate multi-party communication for purposes of obtaining successful outcomes for property problems.
- To ensure that all works are carried out in accordance with legislative requirements, industry best practice and in conjunction with the wider Estates team.
- To produce regular and ad-hoc reports and management information as required.
Your Experience Will Include:
- A proven record of maintenance inspections, defect diagnosis and repair management to occupied buildings.
- An understanding of statutory compliance and health and safety issues as they affect property.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Ability to work under own initiative and work as part as a team or individually
- A good problem solver whom also possesses good organisational and administration skills
- An awareness of the local government environment.
- Previous experience of all Microsoft applications.
- All round understanding of building and building services.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.