Hammonds, the UK's largest choice of fitted furniture company requires a Planned Preventative Maintenance Engineer to join our team in Hinckley, Leicestershire, working 37.5 hours per week 4:00pm – 12:00am Monday to Friday. In return we are offering a competitive salary of £32,500 per annum (inclusive of shift allowance), free car parking, employee assistance program and lots of local discounted benefits such as gym memberships and holidays
The role of the Planned Preventative Maintenance Engineer is to ensure that all planned preventative maintenance work is conducted in line with the schedule whilst ensuring that all remedial work identified is completed and where this is not possible, record and discuss your findings with the Supervisor.
As a Planned Preventative Maintenance Engineer your key responsibilities will be:
- Ensure own and others Health and Safety is a priority at all times, contribute to near miss and hazard reporting
- Take ownership of all planned preventative maintenance tasks, follow OEM’s guidelines on machine planned preventative tasks utilising computerised maintenance management system (CMMS) and machine manufacturers manuals
- Ensure stock levels of spares is reported correctly and asset and reliability are notified where potential shortages are identified
- Support dayshift teams and plan work accordingly to ensure any dayshift overspill remedial work is prioritised and completed
- Ownership, drive and implementation of continuous improvement ideas and projects (projects may include building and machine changes and relocation)
- Accurate completion of reports and handover documents are to contain the relevant information and data and are produced within a timely manner
- Promote and maintain a professional image
- Flexibility to cover for other Engineers and ability to work on dayshift when required
What we’re looking for in our Planned Preventative Maintenance Engineer:
- Self-motivated with a can do attitude
- Analytical problem solving approach
- Team player
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Have worked within a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Hold a recognised Trade Qualification
- Have experience of PLC/PC controlled materials handling equipment or process control/production equipment
- Have the ability to interpret technical drawings including PLC, electrical, pneumatic and mechanical drawings
Hinckley, Leicestershire and is commutable from Nuneaton, Coventry, Leicester, Coalville, Tamworth, and surrounding areas.
If you are interested in this role of Planned Preventative Maintenance Engineer, please apply today.
N.B: vacancies may be filled prior to the expiry date.
Strictly no agencies please