Piping Project Engineer
Location: Bristol, Avon
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Hours: 40 hours per week
Contract: 6-12-months PAYE Fixed Term Contract
The Ortec Group offers a high value-added engineering service. Founded on the expertise of engineers and technicians, combining knowledge of industrial sectors, field culture with more than 30 years’ experience, Ortec Engineering is 40 agencies in France, a presence on four continents and two offshore production centres.
Design engineering provides a varied foundation of complementary skills to meet a broad range of traditional technical engineering needs. To facilitate discussions and to be more responsive and available, the Ortec Group has chosen local offices: located as close as possible to our customers, they bring together all the trades involved in a given project in one place.
Piping Project Engineer - The Role:
As part of the expansion of our Engineering and Projects activities, we are recruiting Engineers to support us in our growth in the Nuclear Energy sector. We are looking for Engineers who have experience in the nuclear sector, either within the generation fleet, EPR nuclear new build (Olkiluoto, Flamanville, Taishan or Hinkley Point C) or other relevant nuclear site (Sellafield, ITER…)
Sonovision will provide a Training program based on ORTEC experiences in French Nuclear engineering if required.
Coordination of cross-functional technical issues:
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Business Unit Manager, fulfil the role identified below
Ensuring the delivery of work package for the client with the respect of time, cost and quality. There will be multiple interactions internally and externally.
• Provide clear and robust reporting to the Piping Group Leader and Building Managers regarding progress of activities, difficulties, risks, Open Points and resourcing
• Leading the resolution of transverse technical piping topics (UKDC & Open Points)
• Quality: ensure the technical consistency of the piping design with the use of the right design procedures governing the piping design process
• Quality: spread good practices and control their application for all mandatory checks that need to be done to ensure the right level of quality
• Propose optimisations in the process to ease delivery sequence in respect with time, quality and cost
• Perform technical reviews of deliverables in the scope of the PED (Piping Release Report and Design Package Release Note)
The service will require interfacing with teams in Bristol, France and Germany to ensure impacts are fully understood.
Piping Project Engineer - The right candidate will have the following skills and background:
• Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in piping design processes
• Mechanical, Engineering Technician or Higher Education Degree
• Experience in nuclear engineering and new nuclear build projects
• Good knowledge of piping layout and detailed design
• Ability to work with a 3D model
• Ability to work autonomously or part of a team
• Experience in project management
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Eligible to live and work in the UK
• Fluent English
Candidates must successfully undergo UK Security Vetting before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is SC.
Please note: We are not offering sponsorship or a relocation package for this role. We always welcome international candidates to apply providing they are eligible to work and live in the UK.
If you feel you have the relative skills & experience necessary to be successful within this role then click on 'APPLY’ today forwarding a recent copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No Agencies Please.
- Piping design
- 3D models
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'