Pilot Plant Technician
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our client Leading Global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum are currently looking for a Pilot Plant Technician based at their prestigious facility in Port Sunlight R&D. This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 12 months, ideally to start ASAP, working a 40-hour week. This role is paying between £21224 - £25,536 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
The job holder will work as part of the Advanced Manufacturing Centre pilot plant team in R&D. This is a brand-new factory delivering high quality product innovations to support to Home and Personal Care category innovation programmes. They will work with process development engineers and R&D scientists to plan and execute pilot plant manufacturing trials to prescribed specification, hygiene and safety standards.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/ DELIVERABLES
- As a pilot plant operator, support safe and on-time in-full delivery of pilot plant trials which requires operational support to process development engineers before, during and after manufacture including contribution to experimental design, resource planning, checking of equipment & process designs to ensure safe operation, recording & reporting of experimental data, and the review of trials.
- Management of raw material & finished product inventory (including the use of specialist computer systems) to ensure manufacturing efficiency and traceability, efficient use of storage facilities, and the maintenance of technical and safety databases for materials in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Execution of processing trials, from raw material pre-weigh through to finished product storage, at pilot scale by operating equipment in a manner consistent with relevant SHE policies, Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practises, Hygiene Standards and the relevant experimental design for the study in question.
- Carrying out QC checks on products using analytical equipment such as pH and viscometers, accurately reporting values using digital tools and interrogating control and data acquisition systems for setpoints and actual values.
- Undertake cleaning and maintenance duties to ensure safety and efficiency of pilot plant operations, including custodianship of equipment and maintenance of relevant suite of operational, safety and compliance related documentation (Risk Assessment, SOP, critical spares list, etc).
- Delivery of continuous improvement activities under the direction of the pilot plant manager and safety coordinator as part of our 5S and preventative maintenance programmes.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience operating pilot scale process equipment / machinery (preferable) or manufacturing scale equipment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills including fluent English.
- Experience of working in an R&D or operational environment in either the consumer goods industry or other related industry e.g. pharmaceutical, chemical etc.
- Innovative approach to problem solving.
- Well organised and with a passion for products and consumers.
- Information Handling through the production/editing of documents and via the operation of specialist computer systems - experience of using Microsoft Office & other relevant software packages is essential.
- Appropriate level of physical fitness required for the frequent movement of materials, standing operation of equipment, facilities & equipment cleaning and other associated manual handling tasks.
- Experience managing the inventory of finished products and raw materials including appropriate preparation of (weighing, decanting & mixing), handling, and storage.
- Experience following and contributing to SOP's, Safety Policies and other guidelines and maintenance of technical & safety data.
- Education to A Levels / Apprenticeship equivalent and with 3 years' experience in relevant industry.
IDEALLY HAVE AN AWARENESS OF;
- Working in a hygienic environment or under guidelines stipulated by Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
- Lean / TPM / 5S facility, working on continuous improvement projects or following/contributing to manufacturing excellence initiatives.
- RTITB Licensed FLT / POET driver.
- Ordering of materials and parts from suppliers using procurement/purchasing systems.
- Training others in the use of equipment or machinery & ability to share knowledge and best practice with colleagues.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'