Our client based in Banks in Southport is currently recruiting for a Picking and a Packer to work in their warehouse. The job will run 6 out of 7 days in the week and will include weekends. It will run from 630am - 3:10pm potentially later depending on the needs of the business
Main Purpose of a job: To pack fruit as directed by the Line Manager / Supervisor; to pack fruit to the quality needed by the Customer.
Scope: The job holder is responsible for the packing of fruit within designated area of the ALD- PH, working on their own and as a part of a team. Quality and productivity performance is essential to maintain high standard.
To be successful, the job holder will need to be able to cope with the physical demands of the job. Good colour vision is essential.
Reporting Staff: n/a
Customer Chain: The job holder will be expected to work with colleagues in the other areas of the packhouse, in particular, with their Supervisors.
- Packing fruit;
- Grading fruit;
- Any other work as reasonably requested.
Quality of work:
- The quality of work must meet the standards laid out in the assessment guidelines relating to packing.
- Aldergrove Packhouse General Operative ("Packer") must adhere to Health and Safety guidelines, the local Safety Policy and all safety requirements;
- The job holder must ensure that all Health and Hygiene requirements are strictly observed and carried out;
- The job holder must be aware of and be mindful of the Health and Safety of him/her self and others in the Workplace.