BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Beardwood Hospital in Blackburn has a vacancy for a Physiotherapy Assistant to join their team of staff in the Physiotherapy department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience within a Healthcare environment.
- Able to reassure patients in varying situations and encourage them to undertake their exercise programmes.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
- Motivated and enthusiastic.
- Good communication skills.
- Good team player.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail, ensuring accurate recording of data.
- Able to assess patient’s comfort, and adapt behaviour in line with this assessment.
Duties of this role include:
- To provide an excellent support service for qualified physiotherapy staff, enabling them to maximise their clinical skills, expertise and productivity whilst providing physiotherapy assessment and treatment.
- To participate in aquatic service as required.
- To participate in pre-operative assessment as required.
- To participate in clinical treatment under the supervision of a Physiotherapist or Senior Physiotherapist.
- To book outpatient physiotherapy appointments, managing physiotherapy appointment system accurately and efficiently.
- To handle general telephone enquiries and refer clinical issues to the relevant Physiotherapist.
- To manage the patient database, ensuring that patient records and all relevant documentation are processed accurately.
- Ensure the department maintains BMI Physiotherapy audit compliance
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.