BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Goring Hall Hospital in Goring-by-Sea are recruiting for Physiotherapists to join their team of Bank Staff.
This role is offered on a Bank basis, with shifts offered on an "as and when required" basis. To cover periods of leave and to supplement staff during busy times.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Strong organisational and planning skills, including risk management
- Results driven, possessing a proven track record of delivering against targets
- Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively
- Able to support and develop staff to deliver business goals
- Must be a Chartered Physiotherapist/ State Registered Occupational Therapist withpostgraduate general hospital experience
- Must be a Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)/ College of Occupational Therapy
- Must be Registered with the Health Professions Council (HPC)
- Knowledge of registered body and HPC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools
- Knowledge of Human Resource policies, tools and techniques, including interviewing, conducting performance reviews and performance coaching
- Must have been involved in mentoring and teaching in previous role
- Must be proactively involved in own development and have leadership aspirations/ attributes
Duties of this role include:
- To manage a clinical caseload, providing physiotherapy/ occupational therapy assessment and treatment to the highest standard
- Provide physiotherapy/ occupational therapy assessment and treatment for Outpatients, Inpatients, participating in these patients’ pre-admission and follow-up care as appropriate]
- To provide clinical direction for other physiotherapy staff within the team
- To provide excellent customer service and promote a professional and caring environment
- To ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and best practice frameworks
- To take an active role in supporting the implementation of national developments locally
- To ensure the department maintains BMI Physiotherapy accreditation
- To undertake other duties delegated by the Physiotherapy Manager, and to deputise for him/ her as required
- To participate in on call and weekend rota
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days of the closing date.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job