Job Title: Physics Graduate / Application Support
Location: Hatfield, Hertfordshire
1. Explaining product brochures and technical information to customers, and providing technical advice where appropriate.
2. Providing application support to customers wherever possible.
3. Providing both written and verbal quotations to customers and entering into commercial negotiation to secure the business.
4. Probing for commercial information from enquirees.
5. Providing literature and other information to customers.
6. Progressing all sales leads to secure the business, or when necessary to investigate why the business was not successful.
7. Providing technical and commercial information to the parent company, then liasing with engineers to help answer customers queries.
8. Keeping customer database and all other company filing systems up to date, after corresponding with a client.
9. Providing support to team of field sales engineers, and their customers, when they are out of the office.
10. Keeping an "activity log" of clients contacted.
11. Attending the monthly sales meeting to discuss business.
Less Frequent and Other Possible Tasks
1. Helping to set-up and attend exhibitions.
2. Helping to write advertisements and press releases, where necessary.
3. Helping to resolve customer logistical problems, such as late delivery, late payment, etc.
4. Helping to produce reports showing sales data, when requested.
5. Obtaining competitor technical and commercial information.
6. Studying market trends and finding new applications.
7. Helping to find new business opportunities by looking at particular application and market areas: calling unknown clients, mailshots, etc. This is done in conjunction with sales managers.
8. Helping to produce sales forecasts, when requested.
9. Demonstrating technical equipment, when appropriate.
10. Performing other sales related tasks as requested by the sales manager.
A fantastic opportunity for a Physics Graduate to join a highly regarded global scientific company. Please apply today.
- Application Support