A new opportunity for a Physicist / Engineer with a background in optics and experience of geometric and/or optical imaging systems has been created at a leading electronics R&D organisation based in Oxfordshire. The Physicist will join as an Optical Systems Research Scientist and will undertake cutting-edge R&D into Virtual Reality (VR) systems and other next-gen display systems. This is a role offering a fascinating leap into high tech product development. The company offer an exceptional working environment at their state-of the-art facility, training & development opportunities and of course an attractive rewards package.
Virtual Reality Technology is a technology which can be used for a variety of applications - from gaming, education through to medical procedures. The potential of the technology is huge, the company's dedication to develop novel IP in this area coupled with their strength in sensing technologies, user interface and display technologies means that this company are leagues ahead and are dedicated to remaining that way.
The Optical Systems Research Scientist (Physicist) will design, develop and evaluate optical devices and systems creating new products and novel IP for their parent company. This is an exceptional opportunity for a talented Physicist / Engineer with an interest in Geometric Optics to join a progressive technology company employing some of the world's finest technology research Scientists and Engineers dedicated to undertaking novel research into Electronic and Optical technologies that will remodel the technology landscape as we know it.
Requirements - Optics Researcher (Physicist).
- A minimum of a Master's Degree (MSc / MPhys/MEng etc) 2.1 or above in Physics or Engineering with a specialisation in Optics / Optical Systems. A PhD would be highly desirable.
- Experience of:
- The design and "hands-on" fabrication and testing of optical devices and systems.
- Geometrical (Ray) optics, optics design tools (Zemax, ASAP, Lighttools etc.)
- Imaging systems (camerals, microscopes, telescopes etc.)
- Ability to design practical experiments to test new ideas.
- Creative with strong problem solving abilities.
Job Title: Optical Research Scientist or Engineer
Vacancy Location: Oxfordshire
Salary: highly competitive salaries
Benefits: excellent including payment towards professional memberships, 7x life Assurance, free gym membership, childcare vouchers etc.
- Optical System
- imaging System