Physical Health Practitioner IG00671
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Physical Health Practitioner to join our Employability Team in Greater Manchester. This is an important role in which you will play a key part in a multi-disciplinary team, whose aim is to help people with long-term health conditions improve their health management and return to work.
Do you want to work for an organisation that really makes a difference to people’s lives? If so, then this job could be for you!
Essentially you will utilise your specialist Physiotherapy skills of advice and guidance on management of common musculoskeletal, cardiopulmonary and neurological conditions, exercise prescription and return to work advice. You will take a holistic approach to long-term health condition management and work closely with employment specialists (Keyworkers/Caseworkers), other Ingeus employees and health services to help people improve their lives.
Duties will include:
• Conducting biopsychosocial health assessments to determine participants health needs; face to face / telephone / videoconferencing.
• Offering advice and guidance to participants with regard to their health condition and empowering individuals to manage their health more independently and effectively.
• Producing tailored health action plans for participants seen on an individual basis or with the employment specialist (3-way appointment), focusing on improving their health and moving them closer to work.
• Providing ongoing face-to-face and/or remote based health advice and guidance to individuals to help them manage their health condition for a small caseload of participants that need more intensive 1:1 support.
• Delivering and developing educational group sessions such as Managing Low Back Pain, Living Well with Chronic Pain, Managing COPD and The Benefits of Exercise.
• Monitoring participants’ individual health and wellbeing throughout group activities and reporting significant changes which may impact positively or negatively on a participant’s recovery or return to work to the employment specialist.
You will need the following skills and experience:
A Physiotherapist, registered with the HCPC and hold CSP Membership.
A desire to work in the area of occupational health as a non-hands on Physiotherapist, learning new skills that you can take forward into your physiotherapy career in any discipline.
Good organisational abilities to allow the prioritisation and effective management of key duties.
Must be adaptable and flexible and be able to react positively to ongoing change.
Working knowledge and understanding of the biopsychosocial model of healthcare.
Ability to assess and manage a diverse range of clinical conditions using non hands on interventions.
Be able to analyse participant assessment information, apply clinical reasoning to enable effective health action planning.
Must be able to write detailed, accurate and objective assessment reports and effectively record interactions with participants.
To be able to work constructively and collaboratively as part of a team.
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Proficient in IT, particularly MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Will act as a champion to support the importance of improving general health & wellbeing for our participants to assist them in returning to sustainable employment.
Ability to market the health and wellbeing service and use a variety of strategies to engage and maximise its usage.
Committed to continuous personal and professional development.
Why join us?
Over 2,700 Ingeus employees work across 11 countries to help people take control of their education, their careers, their health and their future. Be a part of our success story.
In return for your hard work and making a difference to our clients’ lives, we provide a competitive benefits package including a free day’s annual leave to enjoy your birthday!
To find out more, please apply and we will contact you to discuss the opportunity.
Employment will commence following completion of an Enhanced DBS check.
You will be required to show flexibility in travelling to other operations as well as offering in-work support.
Ingeus offers extensive CPD support with respect to the following:
• Thorough induction and onward Learning and Development opportunities, internally and externally
• Training includes APPI Pilates Matwork Level 1, Tai Chi, Mindfulness, use and application of CBT, Motivational Interviewing and Brief Solution Focused interventions
• Annual personal development review
• Time within the working week for clinical hours if you want to practice hands on physiotherapy externally
• Health professional peer support network
• Clinical Supervision
• Best practice sharing
• Opportunities for Self Directed Learning
• Three days paid study leave
• Access to ilearn, our online learning centre
Applicants are advised to apply with the understanding that our Physical Health Practitioner role is not clinically focused but that we offer the opportunity for continued clinical CPD to maintain clinical physiotherapy competencies.
Ingeus will pay for both HCPC registration and CSP professional membership fees.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job