Role: Physical Health Advisor
Type: Fixed Term (7-8 months)
Salary: £24,500 - £29,500
Location: North West
This role requires presence in the following locations;
- 2 days at Rochdale, 2 days at Bury, 1 day at Oldham
Are you a qualified a Physiotherapist/Registered Nurse/ Occupational Therapist or an Occupational Health Nurse looking for the next step in your career? Do you wish to work for an organisation that really makes a difference to people's lives? If so, then this job could be for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Physical Health Advisor to join our clients Health Team in the North West. This is an important role in which you will be helping out clients to better manage their physical and/or mental health support and enable individuals to remain in work or facilitate a successful return to employment.
Essentially you will be providing skilled Biopsychosocial assessments and evidence based employment focussed interventions for clients with health related barriers.
A typical day will include:
- Conducting bio-psychosocial assessments for clients.
- Providing face to face and telephone based interventions to individuals.
- Delivering group work.
- Monitoring clients individual health and wellbeing throughout group activities and reporting significant changes which may impact positively or negatively on a client's recovery or return to work to their employment advisor.
- Producing tailored health action plans for each client focusing on improving their health and moving them closer to work.
- Offering advice and guidance to clients with regard to their health condition and empowering individuals to manage their health more independently and effectively.
You will need to be qualified as one of the following:
- A Physiotherapist, registered with the HCPC and hold CSP Membership.
- A Registered Nurse (Adult), registered with NMC.
- An Occupational Therapist, registered with HCPC.
- An Occupational Health Nurseregistered with NMC.
As well as having:
- Exceptional organisational abilities to allow the prioritisation and effective management of key duties.
- Must be adaptable and flexible and be able to react positively to ongoing change.
- Experience of working with clients who have long term chronic conditions.
- Understanding of the benefits of being in work in managing health and wellbeing.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the biopsychosocial model of healthcare.
- Ability to assess and manage a diverse range of clinical conditions.
- Be able to analyse client assessment information, apply clinical reasoning to enable effective health action planning.
- Mental Health
- Occupational Health
- Physical Health
- Biopsychosocial Model
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job