Would you like to work for the iconic welsh brand GoCompare? This is unique and exciting opportunity for PHP Software Developers to be a part of their journey of great expansion and growth. GoCompare are renowned for offering incredible benefits including flexible working hours, a 'family-like’ environment, highly invested in personal development and a social calendar to make most people envious!
Yolk Recruitment are looking for 5 (yes, 5) PHP Software Engineers to join the GoCo family. You may not have all the skills up your sleeve, but if you have a positive, tenacious attitude to learn, develop and drive projects forward then get in touch. Technologies used are not set in stone, they have very open table approach, if you believe you have a better solution they want to hear your ideas.
GoCompare work within an Agile Environment, using Test Driven Development to build a variety of cutting edge products. You will have access to training tools, Pluralsight and Safari Books Online that allow developers to continue their own learning and research new technologies. They also use Microservices so are constantly using the latest technology for all projects.
Skills and experience
- Significant experience of Web-based application solution design, development, delivery and management
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft development environment
- Demonstrable experience of operating within web-based application development processes
- Previous experience of working within a commercial/enterprise environment
- Previous working experience of full software development lifecycle and methodologies including Agile and Waterfall
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) would be advantageous
What you’ll be responsible for
- Develops and delivers software applications in line with defined process and policy (e.g. peer review, coding standards and deployment process)
- Produces clear and concise documentation to support software applications
- Troubleshoots and supports existing IT application solutions to determine issues and provide remedies
- Prepares, plans and delivers software demonstrations to assist in the progress and handover of project and BAU work
- Mentors, coaches and develops other members of the team to continuously develop skills, processes and standards
Who you’ll be working with
- Works with the quality assurance team to ensure a high level of quality in development output
- Liaises with the project management office (PMO) and other business areas to clarify and expand on requirements during development to support successful delivery
- Works with external partners through technical discussion and support to ensure all development requirements are met
The Serious Stuff
- 25 days annual leave (plus statutory holidays) plus birthday day off so you can let your hair down
- Company pension contribution
- Private medical cover and death in service cover
- Recommend a friend scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
- Childcare vouchers
- Share schemes
- Discretionary bonus scheme
Fun, food and frolics
- Monthly celebration day with free cake!
- Annual family BBQ
- Christmas party and regular team meals
- Free tea, freshly ground coffee, squash fruit and healthy snacks, plus an awesome on-site diner - fully equipped with Xbox, Wii, pool table and jukebox
- Outdoor picnic area for those fantastic sunny days
- On-site car valet
Health and hobbies
- Free flu jabs
- Subsidised boot camp workout, massage, nutritionist
- Running & badminton clubs
- Pool tournaments
- On-site showers and changing rooms
GoCompare embraces diversity and firmly believe in equal opportunities for all. We believe that inclusion and diversity increases creativity, delivers innovation, improves performance and better serves our customers. We firmly believe in the ethos that companies with greater diversity perform better than those without. It is for these reasons that all qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of age, race, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, educational background or any other characteristic for that matter that doesn’t relate to your ability to perform the role.
Yolk Recruitment is working in partnership with GoCompare Group plc on an exclusive, retained basis for the recruitment of a number of key roles including this one. If you wish to apply to this role please send your CV/covering letter directly to Victoria Gunstone at Yolk Recruitment or simply apply to this advertisement via the methods outlined. Please note that GoCompare Group will not be accepting direct applications, and will direct you back to Yolk Recruitment. Likewise we stress that Yolk Recruitment are in an exclusive agreement therefore contact from any other agency regarding this position will be purely speculative. To be considered for this position or for information about the role, please contact Victoria Gunstone at Yolk Recruitment.