Who are we?
We are a team of talented developers working together to build exciting and robust systems for a growing provider of specialist insurance products based in Peterborough. We are offering a highly competitive basic salary, 28 days holiday which increases after 2 years and excellent training opportunities with scope for progression. We pride ourselves on being a champion of the young driver, giving them a safer, fairer and simpler option on their car insurance.
What about you?
As a PHP Developer you will be working for a SME company that values its employees and offers a friendly and supportive working environment. You will have direct input into the technical direction of the organisation and will influence the way in which the solutions and the systems are designed and built.
Your primary focus will be on the development of server-side logic ensuring the high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
You enjoy working as part of team and are passionate about programming and have a willingness to explore and learn new technologies.
What we are looking for
- 3 years+ experience as a PHP Developer
- Good understanding of OOP & code design
- Experience working with a MVC framework (Symfony, Laravel, Zend etc)
- Using and designing MySQL databases
- Working as part of a team on a project
- Comfortable working in a LAMP environment
- Working knowledge of a version control system (Git)
- Excellent communication skills
It would be great if you also have any of the following
- Using debugging tools (XDebug) and writing unit tests (PHPUnit)
- Consuming and building APIs (REST, SOAP)
- Building scalable systems
- Experience using Composer and Satis
- Working in an Apple Mac environment
What you will learn with us
- Production level programming and software architecture
- Unit testing and code debugging
- Deployment practices
The hours of work are Monday to Friday 9am-5:30pm. Working at our Peterborough office is at the manager’s discretion but working from home for most of the time is acceptable if preferred.
If you are a PHP Developer looking to work within a successful company and to be recognised and rewarded as a key member of the rapidly growing business, then please apply today.
- Web Development
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'