PHP Developer - Salary £32k-£37k
Founded in 2010 with the dream to establish Solar Power as the UK's green-energy solution, my client are an award winning, trusted and well-established renewable energy solutions provider. We are MCS accredited and FCA compliant, with great customer feedback - 93% of our customers would recommend us to their friends and family.
We are the biggest solar installer in the UK, and our leadership team has over 80 years combined experience in the solar energy market. The company has seen vast growth over the past few years and is on the brink of a very rapid expansion programme. We are looking for a PHP developer to expand our team of in house developers to maintain and expand our bespoke systems.
What you would be doing;
- Developing bespoke new web-based systems e.g. customer portal, Installers portal.
- Further developing existing web-based systems including customer appointment management system and sales systems
- Troubleshooting existing web-based systems and implementing appropriate code fixes
- Implementing web-based solutions using open-source and proprietary software
- Complete projects and fixes in a timely manner
- Upgrading, patching and testing existing platform software
- Other ad-hoc IT Business Support duties as required and approved by the Head of IT
PHP Developer requirements;
To fit in with the team and the company culture, a friendly and personable manner is essential. In terms of educational background, the ideal candidate will preferably have either a HND or Degree in a programming related subject, although candidates who have developed these skills throughout their career will also be considered. You should have a passion for developing quality code, be innovative and think outside of the box and want to contribute to all phases of the development life cycle.
Any candidate should be capable of working in a team, sharing projects and best practice. As we are a rapidly growing business the candidate should also be able to manage with changing goals and targets in line with business needs.
The candidate should have both theoretical knowledge of and practical experience in the following;
- Strong knowledge of PHP Frameworks such as Cake PHP, Laravel & CodeIgniter
Experience in any of the following would also be advantageous.
- Linux administration including Apache, MySQL & Asterisk
- CVS e.g. Subversion or Git usage and configuration
- Excellent career progression
- Modern office facilities
- Free car parking
- 28 Paid holidays
- Pizza Fridays once a month
- Great internal training and development
Premier are acting as an employment agency
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job