If you’re a talented, enthusiastic developer looking to join an ambitious and successful digital agency then we want to hear from you.
Duties to include
- Developing and improving or in house product suite
- Provide platform support to office staff
- Monitor and test existing platforms
- Write clean, standards compliant secure code
- Improve service speed and quality of current applications
- Suggest improvements to current services
- Provide consultation to other departments for solution design
- Manage project repositories
- To attend, prepare for and participate in one-to-one/team meetings that will review/guide performance (including appraisals), share ideas and initiatives, communicate objectives and agree plans/focus.
- To attend internal and external training sessions as and when appropriate to increase skill set. Plus be responsible for continually updating your product knowledge as well as sharing best practice skills with colleagues.
- To recognise the importance and benefits of effective team work, assisting colleagues and providing cover as and when required. This also includes respecting and motivating your colleagues in other departments who are responsible for servicing and supporting your activity, plus maintaining effective communication links with other teams and departments across the business.
- The activities listed above are not exhaustive and the jobholder may be asked to undertake other related activities from time to time including special projects and tasks that contribute to the effectiveness of Equiniti Data as a whole.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of
- CSS (including frameworks)
- Exposure to responsive design is preferable
- Excellent understanding of OOP (in particular MVC)
- Knowledge of OWASP
- Decent understanding of email and SMS broadcast technology
- Experience of working with high volume / capacity applications
- Ability to self-organise
- Exposure to ISO 27001
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Windows based PC development environment
- Excellent knowledge of Linux with ssh/bash
- Understanding of open source web server technology and configuration
- Excellent MYSQL skills
- Excellent knowledge of PHP
- Secure application development
- Team player
- Able to accurately estimate time and materials for completing projects to specification
- A passion for web and application technology design
- Agile environment experience
- Understanding of DPA
- Application Architecture
- Open Source