£30,000 - £40,000
We’re seeking a permanent PHP Developer with extensive commercial experience of API development and building scalable applications.
The role will focus heavily on the creation and upkeep of REST/SOAP services providing critical integration points between the Property Management System (the SaaS product at the core of the business) and essential third parties.
The planned integration points offer huge potential to both the expansion of the system and to grow the product offering for the business.
The entire system is coded in the Laravel framework so experience with this is a distinct advantage. However, experience with other PHP MVC frameworks will be sufficient to be considered for the role.
The technical spec
• 3+ years in a backend commercial development role
• Extensive experience developing APIs: REST/SOAP Services
• Excellent working knowledge PHP 5.6+/OOP
• Experience with Laravel 4.2+ or another PHP MVC Framework
• An understanding of software design patterns and SOLID principles
• Strong SQL skills with a mind-set geared towards optimisation
• Experience with relational database design and normalisation
• Working knowledge of Git
• Debugging using xdebug
• Experience with Agile development practice
• Working knowledge of Linux
• TDD/Unit testing experience
• Experience with testing tools: Selenium, JMeter or similar
• Experience with NoSQL (redis, elastic, MongoDB)
• Basic knowledge of Apache/NGINX
• Knowledge of caching systems (memcache, varnish etc.)
If you would like to apply for this role or find out some more information then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business