£30,000 - £40,000
We’re seeking a permanent PHP Developer with extensive commercial experience developing scalable applications.
The role will focus heavily on maintaining and developing new features for our new Property Management System (the SaaS product at the core of the business).
The product is undergoing considerable change as we evolve to meet the demands of our customers. On a technical level, we’re exploring exciting changes in the form of microservices and utilising the latest on offer from the Laravel framework. This is an opportune time at which to join the team and influence the future of the product at a technical level.
We’re dedicated to rapid release cycles so your experience and attention to detail will be paramount to ensure we hit he mark first time.
The entire system is coded in the Laravel framework so experience with this is a distinct advantage. However, experience with other PHP MVC frameworks will be sufficient to be considered for the role.
• 3+ years in a backend commercial development role
• Extensive experience developing scalable PHP applications
• Excellent working knowledge PHP 5.6+/OOP
• Experience with Laravel 4.2+ or another PHP MVC Framework
• An understanding of software design patterns and SOLID principles
• Strong SQL skills with a mind-set geared towards optimisation
• Experience with relational database design and normalisation
• Working knowledge of Git
• Debugging using xdebug
• Experience with Agile development practice
• Working knowledge of Linux
• TDD/Unit testing experience
• Experience with testing tools: Selenium, JMeter or similar
• Experience with NoSQL (redis, elastic, MongoDB)
• Basic knowledge of Apache/NGINX
• Knowledge of caching systems (memcache, varnish etc.)
If you would like to apply for this role or find out some more information then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business