MWR’sphishd division provides a wide array of innovative employee security behaviour
services, such as simulated phishing attacks, point-in-time security education, Outlook plugins, password auditing and more to multi-national, enterprise-level organisations.
We’re looking for a talented, self-motivated and passionate PHP developer to work
alongside our existing dev team. Reporting into our DevOps manager, you will help lead the development, maintenance and continual improvement of our services, applications & platforms.
The successful candidate will enjoy being exposed to the cyber security industry, working
alongside penetration testers, security consultants, experienced developers & industry
Playing a key role in our team, the successful candidate will also enjoy debating the finer
points of xBoxvsPS4, NvidiavsATI and demonstrating dominance on a range of our
consoles and games - from Counterstrike & Goldeneye through to GT3 & CoD.
The role will provide the candidate with the opportunity to learn new skills, techniques and
progress their development career within an unusual, interesting, fun and fast-paced environment.
Over time opportunities exist for the candidate to progress to taking ownership of the
development of new services, specialise in network infrastructure and/or mobile
- Developing and maintaining existing systems built on PHP5 based framework.
- Supporting the existing development team with implementation of new features across our entire range of services
- Providing critical & timely support to delivery teams through updates, bug fixes and
- Providing code review services to other members of the technical team
- Understanding & supporting our existing & future services, applications & platforms
- Production of supporting materials; including technical documentation.
Who we think will be a great fit…
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ PHP development experience in a commercial environment
- Detailed knowledge of object-orientated PHP5+ and MVC frameworks
- In-depth knowledge of MySQL
- Good knowledge of HTML, jQuery, Bootstrap
- Knowledge of unit and functional testing (PHPUnit)
- Excellent communication skills
- Driven and self-motivated approach to work
- Ability to work on multiple development projects concurrently.
- Knowledge of version control systems (ideally Git)
- Experience using JIRA/Confluence
- Experience using Codeigniter
- Experience with implementing testing environments (Including virtualisation and unit tests)
- Experience working with/writing web services
Who We Are
Established in 2003, MWRInfoSecurity is a world leading, research-led cyber security
consultancy working with clients around the world. We provide specialist advice and
solutions on all areas of security, from professional to managed services through to
commercial and open source security tools. Our focus is working with clients to develop
and deliver security programmes, tailored to meet the needs of each individual client.
In a rapidly changing technology landscape, innovation is essential and our ambition to
push boundaries sets us apart. We are not satisfied with the first answer, we break things,
reverse and research them until we have an understanding that is of real value. Central to
this philosophy is the desire to deliver high quality cyber security consulting services and
unsurpassed levels of support to our clients.
This is a great opportunity to work with some awesome people in a thriving business. If you
have the ambition and expertise to fulfil this role then please contact us.